myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Mac.........can you please be more specific on last year's brain washing by the energy companies? I am not aware of a single advertisement or other communication from a major energy company to the gullible public, stating that global warming is a hoax or that energy supplies from the Middle East are safe and secure. If they spent billions, it must have been a massive campaign.........I don't know how I could have missed it."

Maybe mac was stretching the numbers a little bit for emphasis, but I wouldn't doubt that the oil, coal and other energy industries spent in the 7 or 8 figure ranges to push their interests. Don't you think that the thought that one would be able to see the money and influence with open transparency is a bit of a fantasy? I believe the situation is more like an iceberg, in that the majority of it's mass is conveniently hidden under water.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr. G. your word twisting is tremendous. Im not "suggesting " that those who are skeptical lack understanding. Im saying that many commentators who laugh when its cold out, then transition into analyzing how new legislation might hurt the economy, is specualtive, at best. I always question everything, as do most lefties. Your depiction of the average liberal, as unwilling to comprehend the other side of an argument is just wrong, its something you have planted in your head as fact. I think most passionate politicos , like yourself, believe the other side is unwilling to comprehend an opposing view.
Question for Mr G. yes or no answer, only.
Do you think that man has impacted the temperature of the Earth?
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G . chew on this poll result. 63% of CNBC viewers, a tremendous sample of business people, like me, never believed in Global Warming , at any time, ever! The mocking is coming from the Right, non-stop, as evidenced by the poll results... I doubt the thousands of people who particpiated in the poll have spent the neccessary hours in order to arrive at such an impressive poll result. If a science is mocked, supporters for the science flee , its a very effective strategy.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a commentary recently in the LAT that kind of applied the OJ Simpson defense strategy to what's going on with many of the themes being pushed by the right. All you have to do is hammer at a few points of weakness to create doubt. It really doesn't matter what the majority of facts point to.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Your depiction of the average liberal, as unwilling to comprehend the other side of an argument is just wrong, its something you have planted in your head as fact.

If you can find any post from me providing that depiction of the average liberal, please quote it.

boggsman1 wrote:
Question for Mr G. yes or no answer, only.
Do you think that man has impacted the temperature of the Earth?

This isn't a yes or no topic as Al Gore would have us believe. I think it's possible........but I'm not close to being convinced. I am convinced, however, that the "science" (read "consensus") is nowhere near as certain as it is portrayed, and I simply don't trust the people who are making the most noise about it. In any other scenario those two factors would be more than enough for me to hold off making a major investment in a "fix".
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression is that you have consistently stated how lefties do not hear the the other side of argument. If you think that is wrong, I stand corrected. As my favorite blow hard on Faux News says" MR G answer the question!" Yes or No, is it possible that man has affected a change in the temperature of the Earth? yes or no? not AL Gores question, The Boggsman's question.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Maybe mac was stretching the numbers a little bit for emphasis, but I wouldn't doubt that the oil, coal and other energy industries spent in the 7 or 8 figure ranges to push their interests. Don't you think that the thought that one would be able to see the money and influence with open transparency is a bit of a fantasy? I believe the situation is more like an iceberg, in that the majority of it's mass is conveniently hidden under water.

So you're OK with impugning the actions and motives of entire industries without supporting evidence........just based on a hunch? Mac stated that the energy business spent billions of dollars brainwashing us last year that global warming is a hoax and that middle east energy supplies are safe and secure.........where's the evidence of that? It all comes down to credibility.......when people make statements that are not credible, then one starts to wonder what other pronouncements were flawed........just like those of the IPCC.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr G , based on your last post, Im going to guess you are an attorney for the energy industry. Am I right?
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
My impression is that you have consistently stated how lefties do not hear the the other side of argument. If you think that is wrong, I stand corrected. As my favorite blow hard on Faux News says" MR G answer the question!" Yes or No, is it possible that man has affected a change in the temperature of the Earth? yes or no? not AL Gores question, The Boggsman's question.

You have now inserted "possible" into your question..........so my answer is. "yes. it's possible" as I stated five minutes ago. Incidentally, that Fox News blowhard knows less about the oil business than anyone on this forum, despite his pompous condemnations.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Mr G , based on your last post, Im going to guess you are an attorney for the energy industry. Am I right?

No........not even close.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 3 of 573

Jump to: