myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Global cooling
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 571, 572, 573  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
It would appear as jobs disappear and become harder to find, one solution is to try and get SSDI benefits, which equals a smaller workforce and more dependence on government. Of course many of these now on SSDI were working, but as soon as the jobs disappear, their "disabilities" become more critical. What a coincidence.

Back when I was first undergoing extensive medical testing to determine my eligibility for VA disability benefits, SSDI was described by the literature as the gold standard of unavailability ... almost impossible to get without total physical disability rendering one completely incapable of supporting himself. During the past 3-4 years it has become a Gimmee, with some judges openly decreeing just a couple of years ago that, "Ask and ye shall receive", literally "I will approve 100% of SSDI requests."

That's Obama's legacy for ya.

Meanwhile veterans missing multiple limbs, large amounts of gray matter, and/or their sanity wait ... and wait ... and wait ... for one to three years ... to even get a response to their medical assistance or disability requests from the VA ... while pieces of cold moldy mongrel shit in this very forum whine about veterans' benefits and compare them to unearned entitlements.
rigitrite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
pieces of cold moldy mongrel shit.

well that pretty much describes what I bet stares back at you in the mirror!

Quote:
while others in this very forum whine about veterans' benefits and compare them to unearned entitlements.

Not worthy vetrans; just YOU. You're no hero, you haven't protected the US against anything, have not fought for my freedom, and you're NOT disabled, yet you rail against unearned entitlements while rationallizing your very OWN unearned entitlements. Get a job you mooch; I hear Wal-Mart is hiring greeters.

isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's becoming clear that pueno and rigitrite are clones, joined at the "mind" they share. All spew, no facts ... the classic symptom of a liberal who has lost a debate.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigitrite wrote:
Get a job you mooch; I hear Wal-Mart is hiring greeters.

The very first Wal-Mart customer that Mikey greets will run him down in the parking lot.

Mr. Fick-shun wrote:
It's becoming clear that pueno and rigitrite are clones, joined at the "mind" they share. All spew, no facts ... the classic symptom of a liberal who has lost a debate.

Mikey, I thought you'd plonked me with your magic software.

No? You mean you lied? Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coboardhead:

Thanks for the post, I actually spent some time looking for annual statistics and didn't find this, or I would have used it.

Now, you are selectively picking information too.
Quote:
Such as, the rate of disability awards has been stabilizing and dropping the last couple of years.

This is true, but when you look at the number of "awards" each year and compare them to the "terminations" each year, you see that there has been a significant NET gain every year since 1998.

For example, in 2011 1,025,003 went on SSDI and 656,902 went off for a net gain of 368,122. However, 2012 was better with the growth somewhat slower. Bottom line - It is growing every year by significant numbers.

I find it interesting that they don't show the total number on SSDI on a annual basis, which would show its growth. Maybe they don't want you do look too closely at these numbers. Just saying............

Now for pueno - If one is truly disabled and CAN'T work (as opposed to won't), then SSDI is a good thing. However, I would make a wild guess and say that the program is being abused. Typical for big government programs where oversight is never as good as it should be. I am against cheating the system, THAT'S my point.
isobars

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
I would make a wild guess and say that the [SSDI] program is being abused. Typical for big government programs where oversight is never as good as it should be.

It was policed very well, maybe TOO stringently, until the far left administration and media encouraged the Gimmee crowd to legislate from the hip.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
If one is truly disabled and CAN'T work (as opposed to won't), then SSDI is a good thing. However, I would make a wild guess and say that the program is being abused.... I am against cheating the system, THAT'S my point.

So a guy who collects disability and yet aggressively windsurfs and motocross races can't work or won't work? Which is it? Or does he need an excuse to "enhance" his retirement while he bashes others for taking advantage of various social services? Is someone like that cheating?
beaglebuddy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard a piece on PBS radio about how states are hiring companies to locate and identify people on state funded welfare that they can get onto Federal funded disability.
The case workers are experts and the company gets paid over $2000 for each successful "transition"
techno900

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pueno,

That "guy" isn't getting SSDI. Two different programs for two different types of people. All those that have worked in the USA are eligible for SSDI. If you want veteran's benefits - you have to join up. I think there is a Big difference.
pueno

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

techno900 wrote:
pueno,

That "guy" isn't getting SSDI. Two different programs for two different types of people. All those that have worked in the USA are eligible for SSDI. If you want veteran's benefits - you have to join up. I think there is a Big difference.

I agree. And someone who qualifies for disability and justifiably needs disability then deserves disability.

But someone who claims disability compensation while leading an active sports life -- while at the same time sniveling about all the others who "game" the system -- might be abusing a privilege.

Unless, that it, GT is right and the disability is mental.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 183, 184, 185 ... 571, 572, 573  Next
Page 184 of 573

Jump to: