myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
exploratorium roof cam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stewy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: exploratorium roof cam Reply with quote

I have an iphone, and can't access the exploratorium roof cam. The guy at the apple store says that I need flash, which is not supported on iphone.
There must be many iphone users who want to view this camera. Has anybody had luck getting this camera to work on their iphone? Is there another program that would work?

Thanks,
Matthew

matthew@mstewartproductions.com
feuser

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Re: exploratorium roof cam Reply with quote

stewy wrote:
I have an iphone, and can't access the exploratorium roof cam. The guy at the apple store says that I need flash, which is not supported on iphone.
There must be many iphone users who want to view this camera. Has anybody had luck getting this camera to work on their iphone? Is there another program that would work?

Thanks,
Matthew

matthew@mstewartproductions.com

It is Flash video player. Can't view without the Flash plugin or a stand-alone Flash player.

1. Jailbreak your iPhone
2. Get FlashPlayer using Cydia package manager

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
stewy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand what you mean. If "jailbreak" means doing something that Apple does not allow, then they say that they will disable my phone the next time I try to upgrade something like itunes. Is it possible to install flash with this Cydia package manager if the phone won't support flash?

Thanks for your advice and directions. I am not very knowledgeable about this type of thing...

Matthew
feuser

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stewy wrote:
I don't understand what you mean. If "jailbreak" means doing something that Apple does not allow, then they say that they will disable my phone the next time I try to upgrade something like itunes. Is it possible to install flash with this Cydia package manager if the phone won't support flash?

Thanks for your advice and directions. I am not very knowledgeable about this type of thing...

Matthew

Jailbreaking is unlocking the phone to allow applications be installed outside the official iTunes AppStore conduit. Cydia is a software package manager similar to those on Linuxes and works alongside the App store.

The whole thing is probably in violation of your end-user-agreement. It is not sanctioned by Apple, and if things go wrong, you're on your own, but they will probably no come after you.

The only thing that will happen is that you need to re-apply the jailbreak after every software update.

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: