myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Does Dude,Bro,Man still live?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Does Dude,Bro,Man still live? Reply with quote

I have to admit that I'm curious whether Dude,Bro,Man is history here at iWindsurf. Maybe someone on the iWindsurf staff can comment about this.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude! Free Dude,Bro,Man,bro!
joew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly Dude,bro,man, was vaporized while sitting in front of his computer updating his Facebook profile. Yes thats right folks, he was plonked by the Ober sturm staffen feurher of intolerance right here on this forum for tongue in cheek, not ready for prime time, comic relief, so it goes
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite honestly, I'm amazed that he was completely wiped out for arguably light humor. Some folks' intolerance is frightening, especially in a country like ours.

Frankly, I'm far more alarmed by much of the hateful and ugly dialog on neo-conservative right wing talk radio and by bloggers of the same ilk, and particularly from some of its eager shills like isobars right here on the iWindsurf forums. I'd much rather deal with a bit of humor about beer and pot than tolerate the nonsense from the hateful folks from the right wing.

Still though, as trying as it sometimes can be tolerating such hateful folks, I'm not actively trying to banish those that I don't like or respect. I guess that's a major difference between them and me. I've got a more open mind.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joew wrote:
... tongue in cheek ...

I presumed as much, but tell that to the kids who read his stuff. Too bad your side didn't realize political correctness is a two-way street.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the reference to children, and the potential harm that Dude,Bro,Man was causing, is just nonsense. What does isobars know about children and their participation here on the iWindsurf forums, particularly since he's never had any?

Protecting the innocence of children is just an empty excuse for a bent personal agenda. I really hate it when folks use children as a means to sell their intolerance. Also, I find it really disturbing when others are sucked in and used by the intolerant, but history is chock full of such unfortunate events.
windoggi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

Protecting the innocence of children is just an empty excuse for a bent personal agenda. I really hate it when folks use children as a means to sell their intolerance.

Timely for me...we just watched "the Golden Compass" last night on our new awesome tv....thats what that story is about. I remember the christian right being up in arms when it was released.

keycocker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not tolerate drug references in our school, but our kids use the net freely. We do not censor it since restricting the free speech of others is a dangerous lesson to teach students who may well run this Third World country one day.
Censorship in the context of a message board makes perfect sense. When you teach it to Third World leaders ( or US leaders) you are setting up 1984.
When I was a student activist I gave speeches both to our own Conservative Union members and to far left pro Commie students with the same message for all extremists: If you get a world of the far left or right established here in the US, the first thing either group will do is censor and arrest groups like you. No dissent allowed in Cuba, Russia, or far right regimes like Iran, Burma and the Taliban.
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is so junior high
joew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I don't think kids,i.e. pre teens are going to be surfing these forums, especially this one.Mostly they are going to learn about sex ,drugs and alcohol fom the same place most of us learned about them, from our friends. Prolonging the age of innocence for your kids is a goal most parents share, unfortunately popular culture in the form of television, radio, (the morning drive time stuff is particularly raunchy) and music, specifically the hip hop garbage lyrics are all working against that end. Goofing on Cheech and Chong type humor on these forums is probably insignificant in the larger scheme of things.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: