myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
another psycho ay-rab?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
feuser

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
Iso said"apparently he had been trained by mullahs in U.S. madrassas to wage jihad, "
OK tell us which mullahs trained him in which madrassas. Or did he go to a mosque and listen to one a##hole exhorting BS and then swap some Email with same jerk.
If that is training for Jihad then when I went to a mosque in Pakistan with some inactive duty vets and heard some sh##head blow off his mouth about the US killing Muslims, then we would have been "training for Jihad as well."
The Muslim translator at the mosque apologized and said the imam had only done that because his cousin had been killed by a stray Isreali bomb in Palestine.
Perhaps that explains why the real press waited until real facts came out before reporting it correctly.
TR makes Americans lose track of the facts. TR reported so many crimes that Acorn did not commit that when I asked my uncle what Acorn was busted for he said"engaging in terrorism"
TR makes smart Americans appear confused and ignorant.

It's troubling that religious platforms are so easily abused for incendiary messages. It is happening everywhere, of course; not just in Pakistan.

There are thousands, perhaps millions who have a legitimate reason to be pissed off at the US for very real reasons; like having relatives or friends killed or suffering abuse by dodgy US "friendly" regimes.

Everyone who has those legitimate qualms can get onto a soap box and add their frustration and sometimes misguided calls to action to this dangerous mess.

What is missing - or insufficient - are successful efforts by the West to push against all this with education, local economic initiatives. Things that present the western ideas of individual freedom and pursuit of happiness in the light of success.

We tend to hold these values and ideals as universally true, however they have to be tangible, achievable to those people or else they become a rather cynical, philosophical exercise that yields envy and despair at best.

If there is a war we cannot afford to lose, it is the war for the popular opinion in Pakistan. We should be shipping out teachers and engineers tomorrow. And blue jeans, and more skateboards:

http://skateistan.org/

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

feuser,

You're totally on target as I see things. I've been making a similar case in comments in response to recent LAT commentaries concerning our needed direction in Afghanistan. Afghanistan needs to come into the modern world, or they lose what they need to become a credible nation in their area.

Rather than fomenting war and difficulty in their nation, we should be focused on education and helping them establish needed infrastructure so that they have a chance to move into the future with confidence and a sense of national pride.

Circumstances for some time have been forcing Afghans onto the stage of world politics, and after trashing their country with war for over 8 years, we owe them some restitution and support. I don't think that we need to be increasing our war oriented commitment there. I really hope Obama makes the right decision there. The world kind of expects that now. The US needs to become smarter about achieving our goals.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker wrote:
1 . mullahs ... jihad ... mosque ... one a##hole exhorting BS and then swap some Email with same jerk. ... If that is training for Jihad ... imam ... the real press

2. TR reported so many crimes that Acorn did not commit that when I asked my uncle what Acorn was busted for he said"engaging in terrorism"

1. How's that omelette on your face tasting now, as his long-term connections to jihad are piling up by the bushel?

2. What on earth TR do you guys LISTEN to? You've got to be more choosy about the garbage you let into your homes.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
keycocker wrote:
1 . mullahs ... jihad ... mosque ... one a##hole exhorting BS and then swap some Email with same jerk. ... If that is training for Jihad ... imam ... the real press

2. TR reported so many crimes that Acorn did not commit that when I asked my uncle what Acorn was busted for he said"engaging in terrorism"

1. How's that omelette on your face tasting now, as his long-term connections to jihad are piling up by the bushel?

2. What on earth TR do you guys LISTEN to? You've got to be more choosy about the garbage you let into your homes.

Typical: "Can't you guys see it? It's all around you! You don't read what I do or pay attention enough or embrace the same values as me! What more do I have to say?"
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think he will give up and move on?

We can only hope.
windoggi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Do you think he will give up and move on?

We can only hope.

THEN what will we do for entertainment?

swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries really. He doomed to coming back, like a moth to light.
jp5

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:

or flies to shit? Shocked
mogunn

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
swchandler wrote:

or flies to shit? Shocked

Ouch!

feuser

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Egg Face Reply with quote

"Attorney General Eric Holder announced Friday that Mohammed, the confessed architect of the Sept. 11 attacks who was waterboarded 183 times in U.S. custody in March 2003, will be put on trial in the Southern District of New York along with four other Sept. 11 plotters."

This is going to get ugly.

http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1939374,00.html

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: