myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
BTW, Mitt accepted a $280,000 annual salary for three years plus severance after the games if the organizing committee made a profit. Surprise, the organizing committee made almost $100 million in profit, and Romney accepted $922,980 in wages and an additional $476,000 severance package.

His spokesman, Eric Fehrnstrom, said he later gave that amount to charity.

Dan, It's clear that you are not a fan of Romney. However, your recitation of his work to turn the Salt Lake Games from financial debacle into a profitable venture, and then reminding us that he gave all his remuneration for that three year effort to charity, are hardly facts bolstering the proposition that the man has no substance or integrity.
mat-ty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That reminds me , I had a wet dream about barry , HE WAS DROWNING!!!!!
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
your recitation of his work to turn the Salt Lake Games from financial debacle into a profitable venture, and then reminding us that he gave all his remuneration for that three year effort to charity, are hardly facts bolstering the proposition that the man has no substance or integrity.

Apparently yet another instance of their posting snippets they think supports their opinions, only to discover upon closer examination that they just blew another foot off ... after which, of course, they blame walking on their tib/fibs -- i.e., their stumps -- on George W. Bush.

Speaking of fibs, I'd bet a board that some of these guys actually believe the one that Romney dodges taxes by having accounts in Switzerland and the Cayman Islands (the IRS says he pays every cent owed.) Or the one about his tax increase on the middle class (the econ prof cited in that fabrication directly and publicly refuted that claim by proving that the Democrats fabricated it.) Or the $5T tax increase accusation shot down by the rest of Romney's paragraph. Or that more teachers = better education (increasing the student:teacher ratio from 22 to 15 over the last 40 years had zero effect on math and reading performance.)
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrgybe wrote:
DanWeiss wrote:
BTW, Mitt accepted a $280,000 annual salary for three years plus severance after the games if the organizing committee made a profit. Surprise, the organizing committee made almost $100 million in profit, and Romney accepted $922,980 in wages and an additional $476,000 severance package.

His spokesman, Eric Fehrnstrom, said he later gave that amount to charity.

Dan, It's clear that you are not a fan of Romney. However, your recitation of his work to turn the Salt Lake Games from financial debacle into a profitable venture, and then reminding us that he gave all his remuneration for that three year effort to charity, are hardly facts bolstering the proposition that the man has no substance or integrity.

Wow, you read much into what I wrote. Steven Bard posted a promotion of Romney as a good guy that contained a patently inaccurate statement. I called him on it. That was it. I've not said "the man has no substance or integrity." Nor did my post imply that. It only directly contradicted a part of Bard's post.

keycocker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr Gybes supplying others with an opinion.
Again.
Notice how he goes nuclear when you provide him with one?
I sympathize with him. It is a dishonest habit to constantly misrepresent the views of others.
Talk Radio contains little else, so those who listen to that lobbyist media crap pick up nasty habits.
NickB

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
I've not said "the man has no substance or integrity." Nor did my post imply that. It only directly contradicted a part of Bard's post.

.. and went a bit further, honestly, without omitting stuff that might make Mitt look good, because you show substance and integrity. It's a lost cause though, those guys are in "if you don't have anything bad to say about O, don't say it". Or, for the worst of them here, "if you don't have anything bad to say about O, make something up", so they don't understand when faced with mature behavior.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The man works for nothing but a performance bonus? If all the govt employees and union members worked for only a performance bonus, this world would run like a Swiss watch, and most people who worked hard would be rich.

Romney clearly understands how to motivate people, especially himself.
mrgybe

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanWeiss wrote:
Wow, you read much into what I wrote. Steven Bard posted a promotion of Romney as a good guy that contained a patently inaccurate statement. I called him on it. That was it. I've not said "the man has no substance or integrity." Nor did my post imply that. It only directly contradicted a part of Bard's post.

You must have missed the post to which Steven was responding directly and which was attached half an inch above his words. Don't you agree it's a good idea to understand the context before firing off a rebuttal? Otherwise one finds that comments made on something taken out of context encourages lemmings to jump on your back.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
The man works for nothing but a performance bonus? If all the govt employees and union members worked for only a performance bonus, this world would run like a Swiss watch, and most people who worked hard would be rich.

Romney clearly understands how to motivate people, especially himself.

Hey, Steven, the man worked for a SALARY and a bonus. He agreed to waive both if the committee didn't end up in the black.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. In fact, Mitt and his wife donated about that much to the committee. That's very generous.

I posted that to contradict the incorrect statement that he didn't take a salary when, in truth of fact, he did. He was under no obligation to make any charitable donation, but the money accrued to him and was subject to being taxed as ordinary income. He then could list and calculate his charitable donations as possible deductions. That's how that works, not "Romney never took a salary" when he did.

MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxDzPyd4XX0&feature=youtu.be

Let's face it, this is what we are afraid of. A president who tells his supporters to get up in their faces. Who doesn't use his power to bring us together, but uses his influence to tear us apart.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 357, 358, 359 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 358 of 409

Jump to: