myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW today posted:

Quote:
BTW, the AP reported in my newspaper this morning, that the Iranian nuke talks in Geneva, broke down today w/o any agreement.

without any sense of irony that this completely refuted his original paranoid screed. It is encouraging that he occasionally notices facts.
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac, you so remind me of my ex-wife. Rolling Eyes
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so funny!

Quote:
mac, you so remind me of my ex-wife.

It's good that there's someone else who doesn't put up with your nonsense! I'm still happily married after 40 years. Does that tell you something? Were you trying to insult me?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An email from Bill in Kentucky to Fox News provides this perspective on Obama's only potentially positive achievement:

“March 21st 2010 to October 1 2013 is 3 years, 6 months, 10 days. December 7, 1941 to May 8, 1945 is 3 years, 5 months, 1 day. What this means is that in the time we were attacked at Pearl Harbor to the day Germany surrendered is not enough time for this progressive federal government to build a working webpage. Mobilization of millions, building tens of thousands of tanks, planes, jeeps, subs, cruisers, destroyers, torpedoes, millions upon millions of guns, bombs, ammo, etc. Turning the tide in North Africa, Invading Italy, D-Day, Battle of the Bulge, Race to Berlin – all while we were also fighting the Japanese in the Pacific!! And in that amount of time – this administration can’t build a working webpage.”
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
This is so funny!

Quote:
mac, you so remind me of my ex-wife.

It's good that there's someone else who doesn't put up with your nonsense! I'm still happily married after 40 years. Does that tell you something? Were you trying to insult me?

Hardly, it was me that could no longer put up with the nonsense, she couldn't say anything civil w/o getting in a jab, she had no sense of humor, and didn't understand anybody being obsessed with a sport, so after 14 years, it was to the curb..................
Actually, come to think of it, I inadvertently insulted her with the comparison.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so you made bad choices even while young?
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Iranis rose up in protest, students, Mullahs, rich and poor against AlQueda on sept. 11.
Such things are murder in Muslim religion also because it is the same religion as Christianity.
Bush soon called Iran the Axis of evil and the war between their conservatives and ours was on again, this time with the students and mullahs agreeing that America could kiss their asses.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC--much of the Arab world is struggling with modernity and leadership. Huge battles over the role of religion in the world--like the United States nearly 300 years in. It's not a simple problem, and I don't pretend to know the answers. Both of my middle class, well educated Irani friends are ex-patriots. They both go back to visit relatives. One thinks that Iran, outside of the leadership, remains the flower of the Middle East. The other finds that the totalitarianism of the leadership makes everything gray.

In know only one thing--we can't fix this. It is not our job, and we have no idea how. Obama has been wrong, just in different ways from Bush. Cheney should be in jail for getting us into this. At least Bush was right when he refused to go to war with Iran at Cheney's urging.
isobars

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In today's WSJ at http://tinyurl.com/lk5dfn3 , the former Federal Reserve official responsible for executing the Fed's first round of quantitative easing in 2009-10 apologizes for it.

"We went on a bond-buying spree that was supposed to help Main Street. Instead, it was a feast for Wall Street."

Andrew Huszar (a senior fellow at Rutgers Business School): Confessions of a Quantitative Easer
Nov. 11, 2013 7:00 p.m. ET

I can only say: I'm sorry, America. ... The central bank continues to spin QE as a tool for helping Main Street. But I've come to recognize the program for what it really is: the greatest backdoor Wall Street bailout of all time.

... I was working on Wall Street in spring 2009 when I got an unexpected phone call. Would I come back to work on the Fed's trading floor? The job: managing what was at the heart of QE's bond-buying spree—a wild attempt to buy $1.25 trillion in mortgage bonds in 12 months (in its almost 100-year history, the Fed had never bought one mortgage bond). Incredibly, the Fed was calling to ask if I wanted to quarterback the largest economic stimulus in U.S. history.

It wasn't long before my old doubts resurfaced. Despite the Fed's rhetoric, my program wasn't helping to make credit any more accessible for the average American. ... QE may have been driving down the wholesale cost for banks to make loans, but Wall Street was pocketing most of the extra cash.

Several other Fed managers also began voicing the concern that QE wasn't working as planned. Our warnings fell on deaf ears. ... Sorry, U.S. taxpayer.

The final QE1 results confirmed that, while there had been only trivial relief for Main Street, the U.S. central bank's bond purchases had been an absolute coup for Wall Street. ... Wall Street had experienced its most profitable year ever in 2009.

You'd think the Fed would have finally stopped to question the wisdom of QE. Think again. Only a few months later—after a 14% drop in the U.S. stock market and renewed weakening in the banking sector—the Fed announced a new round of bond buying: QE2. Germany's finance minister, Wolfgang Schäuble, immediately called the decision "clueless."

Today, the Fed keeps buying roughly $85 billion in bonds a month, chronically delaying so much as a minor QE taper. ... Amazingly, in a supposedly free-market nation, QE has become the largest financial-markets intervention by any government in world history.

Now five years of QE have generated only a few percentage points of U.S. growth. Experts outside the Fed suggest that the Fed may have created and spent over $4 trillion for a total return of as little as 0.25% of GDP. ... U.S. banks have seen their collective stock price triple since March 2009; 0.2% of U.S. banks now control more than 70% of the U.S. bank assets.

QE [hid] the real crisis: that of a structurally unsound U.S. economy.
mac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hard to believe that I agree with Isobars on this one--although QE did help my stock holdings recover. The money should have gone into stimulus that built badly needed infrastructure. Oh, doh, it would have gone into such a stimulus if the Republicans hadn't been such buttheads!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 406, 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 407 of 409

Jump to: