myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nw30

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
You're right NW30, it's all in President Obama's hands, but most thoughtful folks know that Congress has something to do about that too.

If you'd been following the 'negotations', for the lack of a better term, the congress were the that last ones to put a counter offer on the table.
It's like BHO now has the ball, it's his turn, but he is just standing there, holding the ball in one hand, with an ice pick in the other hand.
He want's the cliff.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly, NW, you have never negotiated anything of substance. Equally clearly, you will blame Obama for all things, and will not bother educating yourself enough to make a coherent argument. I have fifth graders who can craft a better argument.
keycocker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He wants to pass a tax break for 98% of the American people.
He is on a tour reminding folks of his actual opinion, and you are sitting there assigning him an opinion you thought of yourself.
Are you familiar will the term Reality Based Politics?
Those who practice it can save our country, but if you like assigning opinions instead of actually listening to the other guy, then the fantasy world works better for you.
mac

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see--Obama won re-election based on raising taxes on the very rich, polls show that the public would blame the Republicans if we go over the cliff, the economy is in fact recovering, many of the Tea Party wing nuts lost--and diehards like NW think that the Republicans have actually put a realistic offer on the table.

Amateurism is the motto of no other organization in history except the Tea Party.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

windoggie wrote:
swchandler wrote:
How cute, isobars is letting an imaginary talking dog comment here. What a total waste of time.
hey! Wait a minute!

Now windoggie, just like people, there are the smart dogs and then there are the dumb dogs. Looking at the imaginary dog's comments in isobars' post, looks like he befriended one of the real dumb ones.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:

Amateurism is the motto of no other organization in history except the Tea Party.

You forgot "stupid." ("Keep your government hands off my Medicare!")
swchandler

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now NW30, let me ask you, do you really think that Rep. Boehner's offer was a good one? You know, if someone gave me a smoke and mirrors offer that lacked crucial details, I wouldn't accept it. Furthermore, with such a lousy counter offer from Boehner, why on earth would I budge at all on my original offer.

When you think about it, by Boehner's suggestion that he's willing generate revenue through cutting unidentified deductions and loopholes, he's effectively blowing off Grover Norquist's pledge. So one wonders why he just doesn't accept President Obama's offer to raise the tax rate from 35 to 39.6% on those making in excess of $200-250K. Or, if he thinks that a 4.6% tax increase on wealthier folks is just too much to bear, he could counter with maybe a 37% rate, to include a possible cap the mortgage interest rate at maybe $50K. Another possibility would be to increase the $200-250K bracket up to $500-600K.

What's Boehner's plan going to be to address the AMT? At this point, it appears that he's ignoring it completely.

Let me ask you again NW30, you think that Boehner has made a serious counter offer?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
He want's the cliff.

Thar's pretty obvious, as it's a win/win/win/win/win/win/win/win situation for him.
WIN: Bush's tax cuts expire.
WIN: the military gets gutted.
WIN: he gets his $1.6T spending increase he said would be "only" $800B.
WIN: "I'm spreadin' the wealth; the hell with the economy, as I stated".
WIN: "It's the GOP's fault" ... or "Bush's fault" ... or "Sandy's fault" ...
WIN ... if he becomes the sole determinant of the national debt ceiling.
WIN: If (when?) the economy collapses, he gets to declare economic martial law, at which point he has a chronic orgasm.
And most important WIN of all: "I stuck it to the GOP (the hell with the economy)."

Seriously ... where's the downside for him? I really can think of none.
pueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

And most important WIN of all: "I stuck it to the GOP (the hell with the economy)."

It's possible, of course, that Obama might say that. Anything's possible. But he hasn't yet said that or anything like it.

McConnell, however, DID say, "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term President."

Implied in McConnell's missive is "Screw America so the GOP wins." And the GOP has shown precisely that posture for the last four years. Yet, despite their obstructionism, the economy is slowly improving, jobs are slowly coming back, the stock market is slowly returning, government is slowly shrinking, and the deficit is slowly shrinking...

These things could be faster if but for these guys: "The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term President." (Thankfully, the GOP nitwits were WRONG AGAIN.)

Let's watch those GOP clowns navigate us to the cliff.

Sorry, Mikey, your "facts" make sense only in your paranoid head. In the real world, they're laughable -- as are you.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wallybankes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an experience to share with you guys. Once I was in a remote place, my signal in my phone got jammed, i thought the problem would be with my service provider. After coming back home i gave black and blues to my customer care highlighting my issue. They pleaded me saying that the problem is not with them. Then i browsed through the search engine regarding my issue, i got a remedy for my cell phone, there i came to know the problem called signal jamming that is experienced in most cell phones. They have a product called cell phone jammer could be very useful to get rid of these problems. Check out the details here phone jammer and hope this information would be beneficial. Hope that u would pass this information to all your friends, so that they too would benefited, Stay safe, Cheers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 394, 395, 396 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 395 of 409

Jump to: