myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windoggi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the real Windoggie. RIP Cocoa Bean.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that looks just like mans best friend! I know for a fact that once you've had a good dog for many years, it is very hard to replace him..
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our self-guilded president
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion on Obama family last year, perks questioned in new book

Taxpayers spent $1.4 billion dollars on everything from staffing, housing, flying and entertaining President Obama and his family last year, according to the author of a new book on taxpayer-funded presidential perks.

In comparison, British taxpayers spent just $57.8 million on the royal family.

Author Robert Keith Gray writes in “Presidential Perks Gone Royal” that Obama isn’t the only president to have taken advantage of the expensive trappings of his office. But the amount of money spent on the first family, he argues, has risen tremendously under the Obama administration and needs to be reined in.

Gray told The Daily Caller that the $1.4 billion spent on the Obama family last year is the “total cost of the presidency,” factoring the cost of the “biggest staff in history at the highest wages ever,” a 50 percent increase in the numbers of appointed czars and an Air Force One “running with the frequency of a scheduled air line.”

“The most concerning thing, I think, is the use of taxpayer funds to actually abet his re-election,” Gray, who worked in the Eisenhower administration and for other Republican presidents, said in an interview with TheDC on Wednesday.

“The press has been so slow in picking up on this extraordinary increase in the president’s expenses,” Gray told TheDC.

Specifically, Gray said taxpayer dollars are subsidizing Obama’s re-election effort when he uses Air Force One to jet across the country campaigning.

When the trip is deemed political, it’s customary for the president to pay the equivalent of a first class commercial ticket for certain passengers. But Gray says that hardly covers the taxpayer cost of flying the president and his staffers around on Air Force One.

“When the United States’ billion-dollar air armada is being used politically, is it fair to taxpayers that we only be reimbursed by the president’s campaign committee for the value of one first-class commercial ticket for each passenger who is deemed aboard ‘for political purposes?’” Gray asks in the book.

“And is that bargain-price advantage fair to those opposing an incumbent president?”

In the book, Gray admits Americans want their president to be safe and comfortable but argues the system should be reformed to stop the amount of unquestioned perks given to the president.

“There is no mechanism for anyone’s objection if a president were to pay his chief of staff $5,000,000 a year,” he told TheDC. “And nothing but a president’s conscience can dissuade him from buying his own reelection with use of some public money.”

Aside from a salary, the president gets a $50,000 a year expense account, a $100,000 travel account, $19,000 entertainment budget and an additional million for “unanticipated needs,” he notes.

Here is a sample of other pricey taxpayer funded perks exclusively reserved for the president:

The president can to appoint high-paid staffers without Senate confirmation: Obama has 469 senior staffers and 226 are paid more than $100,000 a year, according to the book. Seventy-seven are paid as much as $172,000 per year. He also has appointed 43 “czars.”

The president can vacation for free at Camp David: Gray writes that each round trip made to Camp David costs the taxpayers $25,350. It’s also estimated that the combined transportation and personnel costs for a Camp David visit are $295,000 per night.

The president has a full-time movie projectionist in the White House theater: Projectionists sleep at the White House and are there 24 hours a day in case anyone needs to see a movie. “Compared to the 450 times President Carter used the movie theater in his four years in the White House, the average American citizen, according to industry statistics, goes out to see a movie slightly less than five times a year,” Gray writes.

The president’s family’s gets certain travel and security expenses paid while vacationing: “First Lady Michelle Obama drew flack from the media and irate citizens when it was disclosed that, not counting Saturdays and Sundays, she spent 42 days on vacation — within the span of one year.”

The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer: “Bo made the news when he and his handler were flown to join the president on vacation in Maine,” Gray wrote about the Obama family dog. “It has been reported that the first family’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/09/26/taxpayers-spent-1-4-billion-on-obama-family-last-year-perks-questioned-in-new-book/#ixzz2E1DzpnUm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Yep, he's fully in touch with the common man.
So in touch, that he had to have 54 Christmas trees in the White House this time around, all full size of course, and that's more than twice as many as last year.
Sorry tiny Tim.
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to mention spending trillions of OUR MONEY plus play money printed especially for the occasion on (largely union) bailouts and unearned entitlement.

Buy gold, before he makes our money worthless.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW30, when it comes to President Obama, there's always something to get worked up and twisted about. One wonders how much right wing media gets paid and how much they spend trying to dig up dirt on Obama and his administration and then promote it. Of course, we'll never really know that, but I bet it's undoubtedly huge. Well, look at this way, you'll have another 4 years to be totally outraged about almost anything and everything that Obama might do.

Enjoy!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More worthless chatter from NW. Keep it coming, Matt Drudge appreciates your patronage.
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Snip
Really, Dan? Not only can you not read ("speculate with home as security"? What are you talking about?), but you make stuff up (who said anything about credit cards?). I talking about taking out a mortgage (I have none) to buy gold, rather than putting up my home to secure a note to pay other debts (I have none), and I was advising against it.
Don't bother replying until you grow up.

Mike, you wrote about mortgage rates. Just to state what I though was obvious enough not to explain, one does not take a mortgage but gives a mortgage, and one takes a loan secured by a mortgage on the real property affected by the promissory note So, unless you own non-residential property, any mortgage applies to residential property. Using one's residence -again, unless a 2nd home- to secure a loan to use to speculate is not very bright.

My comment about credit cards is a analogy. Where the use of a home equity or cash-out refi secured by a mortgage to pay consumer debt rarely is wise because it turns unsecured debt into secured debt.

I certainly will grow up, thank you very much, one day at a time as I've done since birth. What are your plans?

windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nw30 wrote:
The president’s dog gets its own high-paid staffer: “Bo made the news when he and his handler were flown to join the president on vacation in Maine,” Gray wrote about the Obama family dog. “It has been reported that the first family’s dog handler was paid $102,000, last year.”

Seems reasonable to me.
nw30

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
NW30, when it comes to President Obama, there's always something to get worked up and twisted about. One wonders how much right wing media gets paid and how much they spend trying to dig up dirt on Obama and his administration and then promote it. Of course, we'll never really know that, but I bet it's undoubtedly huge. Well, look at this way, you'll have another 4 years to be totally outraged about almost anything and everything that Obama might do.

Enjoy!

More than happy to give you guys the occasional meat that you can all chew on together, to express your man love for the worst president ever.

Without us conservatives, you guys would have nothing but windsurfing. But if you were as true to the sport as your political views, everybody would have the same lower value of windsurfing equipment, no top 2%, no poor struggling windsurfers trying to get some workable equipment, just everyone lowered to equal mediocrity.
Just your classic level playing field, which makes BHO's self-guilding such hypocrisy.
53 of his Christmas trees could easily go to some of the victims of Sandy.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NW I'm requesting you translate your latest rant into some form of intelligent discourse.
Thank You
Btw if I were forced to name the worst presidents ever, I would put Herbert Hoover, Richard Nixon , George w Bush, and Jimmy Carter in my starting five. If Obama was that bad, he wouldn't have cleaned the floor with Thurston Howell less than a month ago.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 388, 389, 390 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 389 of 409

Jump to: