myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
PROOF: Obama IS the end of the free world
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 407, 408, 409  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Honest people are still waiting for any proof of your accusation."

Is that some kind of joke? Without a doubt, every honest person here knows exactly what coboardhead was saying, and that includes every Republican person here too. Everyone, except you.
keycocker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chandler are you having a conversation with Iso?
Why?
He types along to himself and his audience is totally impressed by his brilliance, hoping desperately that someone - anyone is reading, as his wasted life slips away.
Sad end for a man who was once a middling bureaucrat, wasting his life filing the brilliant work of others.Most folks ignored him then too.
Now he lives off the government dole and rages at the silence.
I felt sorry for him once and defended him as have others here.
He repaid us with bile.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some New Jersey broad was whining on some TV news show that the government hasn't yet sent her a check to replace her home after Sandy. It was a nice middle class suburban home, and the floors weren't even muddy; some clean ocean water had swept through at knee height and rearranged the furniture a bit, and I'd guess her fridge and stove may have succumbed to salt water, but that looked to be about the extent of it. Her hardwood floors looked like they needed a quick sweep and mop job. The point of the news story was her strife ... not her glossed-over statement that this is the THIRD home she's had "washed away" in the past few years.

No doubt whom this educated, articulate, capable, mobile LEECH voted for!
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:

No doubt whom this educated, articulate, capable, mobile LEECH voted for!

Romney, no doubt, since she clearly considers herself to be part of the privileged class.

Do you suppose she gets a monthly cash disability hand-out, too?
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
educated, articulate, capable, mobile LEECH voted for!

OK iso, I did my homework. You're right! They DO exist!
http://vimeo.com/34881336

swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keycocker, I know you're right. But sometimes I can't help myself, even though I know I'm feeding the troll, albeit indirectly (we all know that he has to keep up on the dialog, despite his claims otherwise). Maybe I'm just doing my part to keep his hate for me alive.
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights from "The President's Tax Math;
We're beginning to think he wants to go over the cliff this year" by the WSJ editorial and economics staff at
http://tinyurl.com/a65zgsq :

"You know, the math tends not to work," declared President Obama at his Wednesday press conference, as part of his explanation for why closing tax loopholes for the wealthy wouldn't provide enough revenue for a budget deal. Ergo, he says, tax rates must go up immediately for those making more than $250,000 a year, even if this means sending the economy over the January 2013 tax cliff.

He's wrong on both counts. Even the liberal economists at the Tax Policy Center report that capping all itemized deductions at $50,000 a year would yield $749 billion [over 10 years] Reducing the deduction cap to $25,000 would raise an additional $1.286 trillion. Lower the cap still further to $17,000, as Mitt Romney once suggested during the campaign, and the 10-yr revenue increase soars to $1.747 trillion. At $50k, 79.9% of the revenue enhancement comes from the top 1% earnings bracket. "Is that enough tax fairness for you, Mr. President?"

The Joint Tax Committee's budget score of Mr. Obama's proposal to raise taxes on capital gains, dividends, and income above $200,000 ... yields merely $823 billion over 10 years, barely more than the $749 billion from capping deductions at $50,000 a year and as paltry 7.5% of last year's $1.1 trillion deficit. It's Obama's math that "tends not to work."

Why is Mr. Obama is so insistent on raising tax rates with almost no gain over reducing deductions? Here's one guess: [pure unadulterated bully politics].

Mr. Obama [now insists that] any budget deal must raise taxes by $1.6 trillion, which is $800 billion more than he had privately agreed to with Boehner. ... a game of pure political chicken with our economy at stake.
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, let's go for a twofer on the 1%. Let's cap deductions and raise the upper income tax bracket from 35 to 39.6%. Now we're talking!
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
Hey, let's go for a twofer on the 1%. Let's cap deductions and raise the upper income tax bracket from 35 to 39.6%. Now we're talking!

dude, easy does it. The deductions cap is pure fantasy. Top 3 deductions are:
181B -employer healthcare
101B- Mortgage interest deduction
80B-401k
Where would it come from? Mortages ? Do you think Congress could get it past the ABA, NAr, and the other 100 groups whose livelihood depends on that money?
swchandler

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I was being a bit facetious in my comments, I was thinking more along the lines of a cap on the mortgage interest deduction, and in particular, only for those making in excess of $250K per year. If that's too low, maybe the cap would apply for those making in excess of $500K or 1M per year. One could also entertain a cap on deductible property tax too. When you think about it, subsidizing the wealthy's extravagant properties seems to be a bit over the top to me, especially when it comes down to multiple properties that some folks might own. Folks that can buy 8 figure properties aren't really hurting. I think that it's important to remember that the mortgage interest deduction was originally targeted to help those in the middle classes to invest in a home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383 ... 407, 408, 409  Next
Page 382 of 409

Jump to: