myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Jalama bound. Anyone else?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theq

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Jalama bound. Anyone else? Reply with quote

Anyone else out there heading to Jalama over the next few days? I'm just curious. I'm going for some surf, sail, ale, and Jalama-burger-inhale. Could be good. I know that I can count on the Jalama burger and ale. The rest is up the wind/surf gods.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a great day!!!!!!
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What day?
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Q!

I just got back from PSC and was fired up for some Jalama time, but...it never looked too good every time I checked. Looks like the weekend was a tough one for wind. Hope you got some if you were up there. If you're not and are still considering it....it looks like today is the day!

Gonna try to get on the water to get the dust off the gear!
-KMAC
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin, how was psc? how many days of wind? Did you get that low lat 290 swell?
shreddywood

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Jalama bound. Anyone else? Reply with quote

theq wrote:
Anyone else out there heading to Jalama over the next few days? I'm just curious. I'm going for some surf, sail, ale, and Jalama-burger-inhale. Could be good. I know that I can count on the Jalama burger and ale. The rest is up the wind/surf gods.
the wind has been shifty,heat bubble ,no wind on the inside,just gusty short sperts with long waits,,the graft shows it jumping around too,,bring plenty of sun lotion cause u,ll be on the beach more than the water,,
theq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Jalama bound. Anyone else? Reply with quote

shreddywood wrote:
... the wind has been shifty,heat bubble ,no wind on the inside,just gusty short sperts with long waits,,the graft shows it jumping around too,,bring plenty of sun lotion cause u,ll be on the beach more than the water,,

Perfect description. On Sunday afternoon, at minus .5 tide, I attempted to get out and was turned back by weak winds and lots of inside grinders. Fortunately, we scored a couple of beach camp spots (a first), so I was able to keep my 5.5 rigged by the bushes. On Monday I got out for maybe 1 dozen tacks going straight out from my campsite. I had to bear off pretty hard in order to get on a good plane but was powered up both port and starboard for my dozen runs. I got a few good lefts but it didn't last long. The wind was indeed swirling around. I've never seen conditions change so quickly and so often. The weather was stellar though, as were the starry skies, Patron shots, and Jalama burgers.
That said, the kiters had it great...again.
theq

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevinmc wrote:
Hey Q!

...it looks like today is the day!

Gonna try to get on the water to get the dust off the gear!
-KMAC

Yes, I heard that it kicked in later, and became more filled in and consistent. In windsurfing, like most else in life, timing is everything. I hope you got some.

Q
Kevinmc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never made it up to the J. But I didn't know about the Patron, or maybe I would have tried harder! Laughing Glad you had a good time regardless of the wind.

Forecast is up for the weekend again. I think it's supposed to cool off a bit, so that should help let the wind kick in up there.

Steve- PSC was great! Not epic like I had been getting it all year long (yep, rubbing it in!) But decent enough and a great group of people in the clinic! Once I get some permissions, I'll post a few pics.

I've heard this week was getting some great surf at PSC and some decent wind. Wyatt is down there now with his camp and I'm sure they are having plenty of fun!

-KMAC
capetonian

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the forecast look good enough for a day trip on Saturday from LA? I have a prior family activity planned for Sunday. Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: