myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Here we go again!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:18 pm    Post subject: Here we go again! Reply with quote

WTF

Am I the only one stuck at home on a Friday night eating left-overs and breaking up kid fights? My bride is out, again, living it up with girlfriends; or so she says!

But that's alright, I've already served notice for tomorrow. To each is own, but I'm returning to last week's crime scene at Kalmus - SSE @ 15-25+ (I hope) - Rain - No lightning stirkes (I hope) -

Just like last week, I'm bring'n all my sails 'cause you never know what you're gonna get with an ill east wind. I'm hoping that a late morning session will deliver wind before the real crappy stuff comes in.

If you believe the forecast it looks like a slew of chances this week. I wouldn't even mind it backing off, maybe Monday night for a lttle (forcasted waist+) pure wave action.

I took some offered advice and pushed my new weed fin forward a touch. It wasn't bad last weekend, but worth playing with. No sanded one-off specialty, asemetrical, cord cut, triple carbon, hand-job sanded things; just one off the shelf from Sailworld. Come to think about it, all that high tech trash talk on leading edge equipment wouldn't do this goofball much good. Another boarding season at 60+ days (so far) loaded with great simple minded memories.

While I'm on it, did you ever hear the surf lingo terms Posers or Hosers?? I get the impression that if you drive around with a board on top of you car, in the hot summer sun, without it covered, and never use it your'e a poser. If you paddle out and never go for it your'e a poser. If you run over some old lady on a boogie board with your foam top your'e a hoser. Last Sunday windsurfing with a select few of die-hards, I saw no one who fit those descriptions. There was no pose'n in the rain. And even if your dad had to help drag your board up wind; the effort expended by all was well beyond the hoser catagory.

Well suit yourself on sailing tomorrow.

RC

PS - If any speedysailors / typers want to proof read this - go ahead - I'm on to dishes!!!
jingebritsen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Carl Rove nailed us proper: "Any way the wind blows." That was his attack on John Kerry, but so app to all WS'ers.

Forrest Gump: "Life is like a box of chocolates." Ain't that the truth about the wind and wave action.

http://www.epicgearusa.com/
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I don't think you need a weeder at Kalmus this time of the year, but would welcome some useful info regarding that. Second, Sailworld has built a pretty good niche selling hard goods to high strung older windsurfers who don't want the new-fangled stuff. Buyer Beware. World Sails are also a N.P. spin-off. Good sails, cheap. Finally, I cooked a great dinner last night, Pork shoulder and all the fixings. The winds are probably peaking right now, but forcasts look good for sailing at 11 A.M.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
I cooked a great dinner last night, Pork shoulder and all the fixings. The winds are probably peaking right now, but forcasts look good for sailing at 11 A.M.

What? Something you can actually do? Did mom live through your dinner?

When will you learn to spell F O R E C A S T S ??
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilty as Charged - Poser

Not enough wind - too much lightning in the area - reluctant road trip to IKEA

RC
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
First of all, I don't think you need a weeder at Kalmus this time of the year, but would welcome some useful info regarding that. Second, Sailworld has built a pretty good niche selling hard goods to high strung older windsurfers who don't want the new-fangled stuff. Buyer Beware. World Sails are also a N.P. spin-off. Good sails, cheap. Finally, I cooked a great dinner last night, Pork shoulder and all the fixings. The winds are probably peaking right now, but forcasts look good for sailing at 11 A.M.

When will you STOP spreading false accusations and negative tones about our local shops? The Ballantynes are almost single-handedly responsible for keeping windsurfing alive in Boston and the Cape during the last five years. They hire young windsurfers and teach them not only the elementary aspects of running a business but allow them time to actually participate in the sports they love. Jim has spent thousands of hours successfully keeping his shop a viable business that retains its windsurfing focus while others have not faired nearly as well. He brings great customer service and manages to save for his son's college fund at the same time.

Buyer Beware? WTF? Jim sells gear for all comers, including World Cup-level windsurfers. He will sell you a used board if you like, or a top-drawer 14 lb. slalom board with a double-luff race sail, carbon booms and 100% high modulus carbon mast. Where do you get off warning others by insinuations of bad business practices? Tell your mother you deserve a spanking. I'm sure if she won't do it you can find dozens of others would would jump at the chance.

Finally, World Sails is not a N.P. spinoff. World Sails is Jim's brand that he has produced since 1988 or 89. They are full-blown, high performing sails designed by the very best sail designers in the world. They regularly win or place near to top of magazine tests. Why would you allege such crap? Here is the reality: http://www.sailworld.com/utube/intro_worldsails.htm

What is wrong with you? Are you drunk when you post this junk? Do you need to see a psychiatrist?

The only reason I even bother to hound you is because you constantly post inflammatory and, as is the case here, DEFAMATORY material about some of the nicest people and businesses in our sport. It's beyond credulity and you should know that NOBODY agrees with you. Jim Ballantyne is a saint and deserves everyone's support if not their business.

What would make my day is if somebody would take you to task in person rather than via the web. It may be worth their while.

Last edited by DanWeiss on Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
wheaties

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim B. got me into windsurfing. Not only was he honest about equipment, it's condition, and reasonable with cost. Sounds like someone got a stick up their butt.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheaties wrote:
Sounds like someone got a stick up their butt.

The someone is Brucie, but it's not a stick.....

(With credit to Mo...)

DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Ron, how was it your way? It was crappy for wind on MV.
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't what sucked more
no wind
the rainy slog to Avon's Ikea along with their effing crowd
the sold out organizer for my son that the web site said was in stock
the converse high tops that didn't fit my son's in-between size
the car radio silence requirement as to not interfere with my daughter's ipod

As I sat in the Trader Joe's Hyannis parking lot, I saw a couple w/o kids laughing and talking as they walked to their car. I thought to myself that I must be a total type A A$$hole because I have never had fun shopping for food nor making a day of shopping like today. If it wasn't for my wife, I'd still be happily sleeping with a floor mounted mattress!

Oh well, move'n on:

Maybe a surf session tomorrow night - It's still light to 6:15++
Maybe a sail session on Monday morning
Maybe a sail session on Wednesday
Maybe a wrist seal replacement(s) being sent fro Jim's. If I knew I was gonna get suckered into going off Cape, I could'a saved the postage

Ron C.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: