myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
saturdays looking good
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ron.c

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any OUTCASTERers trolling? - What's goin on with the shark tales?

Next stop - Whitecrest at sunrise

RC
WaterKook

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killer session at Hardings on Friday. 4.2m and a Classic Corporation session on Sat. morning 8-11 on a 4.7m. Some nice wind swell for riding and slashing.

Seems like the sharks are taking a break. They stuck 5 with elictronic tags so that might have scared them off.
The lighthouse over look is still a zoo!!!! It is like trying to get a parking spot on 4th of July weekend. Outcast sailed in Whitey-ville on Friday and I was on my way to join him when he called me and said the swell that we had in the am was gone. Hardings was the call.
Check out this site for Chathams Great White info http://www.mass.gov/dfwele/dmf/spotlight/white_shark_2009.htm

ron.c

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over at Skaket the wind angle gave about 20?? degrees on the outbound tack heading south; good for launching off the ramps and good speed runs though chop on the way in.

Guilty as charged of being a type A butt head machismo when it came to showing up the kiters. The last big day of sailing with them in almost identical conditions, I was underpowered with a 4.2. Yesterday I hung in the whole morning with a 5.0. It was over the top at first but the lack of water along with small chop balanced things out. As the ramps grew with the tide the 5.0 came into range.

Tide timing A, Temp A Wind A, Direction A, Company A- (windsurfers did show up but they missed the best part in my humble opinion), Day of the Week A, Enough energy to get the house chores done A

Total grade 9.95 - It would have been a perfect 10 if I had reinforcements to do battle with the evil empire of kiters

RC

PS - Whitecrest and all points north (today) nice but only pond size waves - Another Day!!

now I'm done
paulf.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guilty as charged, missed the best wind. salvaged the day with some fun paddleboard runs with the mornings sails. random breaking windswell against the outgoing tide for a few rides. thanks for the heads up, ron, we'll be back.
p+s
outcast

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wouldn't believe me if i told you i got a cover-up this am at the spot north of the bowl.....so i wont tell you
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For thanks for coming.

If you ever come back (please do!), it's safe to sail at lower tide heights north, or to the right looking out, of the big rock. There are a couple of others in a line heading out that may cause damage (when it's knee deep) I might preach it but don't practice it.

I know I'm getting old, felt good all day Saturday with the endorphins flowing; yesterday everything ached.

RC
paulf.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure what old is; one of those kiters is just taking it up at 72!
P.
ron.c

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must has been Klaus.

Mitch was the big guy with a mustache

Charlie, if he showed up, was the first one of that group I met, about 6 or 7 years ago.

I know it's September when their in town.

RC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: