myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OH... Kiter rant, call the Whaaabulance
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAWLER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: OH... Kiter rant, call the Whaaabulance Reply with quote

As I windsurf and am also learning to kite for fun at my lite wind home location, I like to treat people with respect as I'd like to be treated back the same way.
I'd like to thank the kiter or groups of kiters that do show up from time to time at Viento to do the down wind-er to the hood. Most of you are good people that have some manners and common sense. But as always in any group of people there are some bad eggs. So to those of you that block the trails to the beach and to the guy that actually had the nerve to unroll his kite and inflate it on top of my rigged sailing gear. "I think you were just looking for a conflict and your lucky it was me, "as my sailing pals call me too tollerant" I'm sorry the wind died on you and your walk of shame was painful. But like they say.. Bad Carma, it comes back to get ya.
Even after the bad behavior I will still endeavor to drag anyone off the river I see in trouble, kiter or otherwise.

Help control common sense within your group, dissenters create bad blood between our shared love of the wind, we can exist together.
wsmike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I share the general sentiment of the poster regarding treating respectful kiters with respect. Generally speaking kiters who know what they are doing have not gone out of their way to piss me off.

More specifically, I will admit that last week when I broke my mast in the shipping channel, a kiter was the first to stop by and ask if I needed help. He spent a good 10 minutes dragging me to the WA side, without him I might have ended up at the Hatch, or just abandoned my rig and swam for it. So thanks!!

Just as an add on...does anyone know how to identify jetskis? and also who to notify of illegal/dangerous behavior?

I had a jetskier refuse to yield ROW, circle me, get right in my way, then when I fell in he was stupid enough to come back and cuss me out saying things like, "you wanna play chicken mutherfucker? come on you little piece of shit!...etc etc."
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boat number in big letter on the hull. It is legally impossible for us to play chicken with them, because by law we are God relative to them. A clown like this would be led away in handcuffs if he didn't absolutely grovel on his knees to any kind of cop. Any PWC driver this ignorant of the law has no business operating one.

Mike \m/
wsmike

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of what I was thinking. I tried to locate a boat number but was difficult in the waves and all the spray he was farting out. Next time I guess...I shouted "POWERED CRAFT GIVES WAY!" as I sped off. The ignorant ones are breeding, be careful out there.
WMP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by WMP on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Carl2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'The ignorant ones are breeding, be careful out there'

Those who can't multiply will multiply
ericandholly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood River Deputy will deal with any boater who is a problem. Normally a chat from one of the officers solves the problem. Good people.

Last edited by ericandholly on Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camcorder and Sheriff. Problem solved. They get real serious about/with power boats messing with sailors.

Mike \m/
Bret

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I carry a Water proof cell phone Boulder by Verizon Wireless. The phone is waterproof to 33 ft and it rings Smile under water. So if I need to call the 911 I can while in the channel.

I have a go-pro-camera attached to my boom. It shoots 56 minutes of raw video.

I have an Olympus Tough 6000 in my pocket that is waterproof. Shoot's sweet pics with a zoom, so if I need to snap a pic I can. It also shoots 47 minutes of raw video.

And I carry a knife to cut off anything I may get wrapped up in like a fishing net or a kiter's line in an accident situation.
jesusjones

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You and your green stuff got to go bro, remember there are kids on this site and you’re not exactly a good example for them. No what I mean Bro?

dude,bro,man wrote:
hey bert
it sounds like you dont like fishermen or kiters
bro
you should smoke some good stuff if you know what
I mean dude
it cool you got alot of new toys with you on the water
but I think you should exchange out that knife in your
pocket for a flower
and then you can be riding on flower power Very Happy

or lets smoke the flower
you never know bros

peace out my dudes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: