myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Surprise!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:14 pm    Post subject: Surprise! Reply with quote

Well, let's hope the forecasters are as wrong for The Gorge tomorrow as they were today! Just got back from a great couple of heat beating sessions at ****** (not telling) where all were happy on 4.2's to 5.2's. It's still blowing from Viento to The Event Site, so get out there before they forecast it right Smile
andymc4610

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Reply with quote

CUSalin wrote:
Well, let's hope the forecasters are as wrong for The Gorge tomorrow as they were today! Just got back from a great couple of heat beating sessions at ****** (not telling) where all were happy on 4.2's to 5.2's. It's still blowing from Viento to The Event Site, so get out there before they forecast it right Smile

No, she got it right....

Temira - "It’s another west wind day on the river today! The early gradient was holding at .09 and winds were in the ‘tweens from the Hatchery down to Dougs and Rowena. Westerlies hold in the 18-22 range this morning. Midday heat will beat down the wind, but we’ll see a bit of a ressurgance this afternoon into the 21-24 range."
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Good job" to Temira then. I didn't read that one today. Not to shame others thought. Data didn't look too good this morning, but glad for the comeback. Let's hope for tomorrow again. Smile
WMP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Reply with quote

CUSalin wrote:
all were happy on 4.2's Smile

Certainly misinformation here, I'd like to get the names and telephone numbers of all these "happy" campers. Are they human and do they weigh more than a feather duster?

- WMP
River-Lizard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Reply with quote

No, he said:
CUSalin wrote:
where all were happy on 4.2's to 5.2's.

I know where he's talking about; its no secret where the wind was today if you were standing there looking at it, and he's absolutely right, that was the sail range... I was on a 5.2 the whole time (I weigh 185lbs and was on a 87L board) and it was really good. When we left, one guy was still out there with the whole river to himself just ripping. Actually, why am I telling you this? Come to think of it, it sucked... parked out, no wind, 7.0 day which I didn't have, and seem to recall the last guy out there was gulping down river on a very long swim in... Wink
cgoudie1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Reply with quote

4.7 and sweet for me, Pete, best from 3 to 5 PM.

-Craig

WMP wrote:
CUSalin wrote:

Certainly misinformation here, I'd like to get the names and telephone numbers of all these "happy" campers. Are they human and do they weigh more than a feather duster?

- WMP
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Re: Surprise! Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
CUSalin wrote:

- WMP

Yeah, you're right. It really sucked and I was really just pulling your leg. There was no wind anywhere yesterday and my real motivation is just to get all the parking lots filled with wind whining, wiener cooking, dog barking, tourists by 9:00 am so I can have The Wal-mart all to myself.

CU Shopping (for cheap crap made in China).

WMP

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was sailing all night on a perfectly dialed 4.2.... honest to goodness!! That's right, I was dreaming.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the word straight from God(sey): "Wind yesterday [Saturday] was stronger than indicated by the sensor with most guys ending up on 4.2s and women on 3.2 to 3.7"

As of 6:45 AM Swell is blowing well on the WA side with nice swell ... with one vehicle visible in the paring lot and nothin' but sheep on the water.

If the myopic city of Hood River would lift their ban on sleeping in vehicles, I'd be a lot more inclined to spend more time and money there this time of the year trying to catch unexpected conditions like this. I didn't build and buy two self-contained vehicles to have to camp 10-20 miles away in some stupid campground away from the river's breezy "coolth", and the batting average on windy uncrowded conditions like this is too low to sit in a campground for weeks on end in the midsummer heat (80 degrees at 3:00 this morning in HR ... which beats the hell out of Roosevelt's NINETY at the same time).

Whine, whine.

OTOH, I had an incredible four hours completely alone in even better conditions one morning last week, so maybe it balances out.

Mike \m/
CUSalin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WMP wrote:
Well, I was sailing all night on a perfectly dialed 4.2.... honest to goodness!! That's right, I was dreaming.

Right now I'm looking out the window at The Event Sit and it's totally flat - not blowing at all. There won't be any wind today, just tourists and thunderstorms, so just stay home and keep dreaming.

I'm going to go hang out in the parking lot and think up some more stories.

CUSalin'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: