myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
I need a new 4/3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
koogzah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 12:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I need a new 4/3 Reply with quote

MOTOP wrote:

O'Neill Psycho. Great suit, easy to get on/off, warm, flexible.
Got mine at ProofLab in Mill Valley.

+1. Also got my Psycho2 from ProofLab. Holding up really well.
spennie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought a ProMotion after reading many good things on a post here a few months ago, never been happier. Great customer service, you can call & they'll talk with you about sizing, seams guaranteed for life, extra room in forearms so they don't fatigue after sailing a while. O'Neill's are great for surfing, not made specially for windsurfing.
randy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:14 pm    Post subject: 4/3 wetsuit Reply with quote

Definitely Hotline Santa Cruz. O,neill breaks down after a couple years. I have had both.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My new Hotline Millennium Series 4/3 steamer/wetsuit looks very well constructed, but even though it's deliberately a full size too large for me -- I hate tight suits -- its forearms are snug. I hope I don't have to expand the sleeves somehow (even if I do, it was still a keeper @ $55 new). The point: make sure you can return any mail order suit you can't try on before buying.

Mike \m/
*Matt*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fifth the Promotion. I have a 4/3 from them and now hate every time I have to put on my O'Neil 2/3. I cant wait for it to wear out so I can justify a buying a Promotion 2/3.
*Matt*

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fifth the Promotion. I have a 4/3 from them and now hate every time I have to put on my O'Neil 2/3. I cant wait for it to wear out so I can justify a buying a Promotion 2/3.
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya don't need high-tech helium-filled neoprenes, triple-glued, double-stitched, quadruple-taped, premium lifetime-guaranteed lapped seams, or Russian-wolverine-musk-oiled thread in a 3/2. I get my 3/2 fullsuits and shortys from Walmart, Costco, TruValue Hardware, Ma & Pa's Emporium, etc. for about $35 a pop, wash 'em in the (front-loader) washing machine, slip 'em on and off like sweat pants, and get many years of use out of each one.

Mike \m/
Epenrose

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bozwetsuits.com/

Boz make great suits, great guarantee and hand made in Peru. Not mass produced, marketed crap. Love mine.

A lot of the pro's in S.CA are all wearing the Boz and love them. Mine was $210. Will outlast yuppigonia suits.....
tombrady3841

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boggsman , as you know I left my promotion in Hood River for repair.
Yes, they are fixing seam problems for free ( lifetime guarantee) but the worst problems are the tears. The soft stretchy material doesn't hold up to my abuse of putting on and off. Sensitive stuff. Customer service is great there. I haven't used it that much. The O'Neil has fit me the best and lasted. Everyone takes care of their suits differently. I don't what aisle you can look at "TruValue hardware", insulation?
Good luck on your mission.
T
koogzah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
Ya don't need high-tech helium-filled neoprenes, triple-glued, double-stitched, quadruple-taped, premium lifetime-guaranteed lapped seams, or Russian-wolverine-musk-oiled thread in a 3/2. I get my 3/2 fullsuits and shortys from Walmart, Costco, TruValue Hardware, Ma & Pa's Emporium, etc. for about $35 a pop, wash 'em in the (front-loader) washing machine, slip 'em on and off like sweat pants, and get many years of use out of each one.

Mike \m/

And, you young whippersnappers, I walked eight miles to school everyday. In the snow with no shoes and just a worn, smelly pillow case for clothing. And I liked it! So put that in your FaceTwitterBookSpace and smoke it!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: