myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatch parking rant
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
advgeek

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Hatch parking rant Reply with quote

Ok I just got to vent about the hatch parking situation. Today the lot was completely full including the overflow across the hwy. The funny thing was it really wasn't that crowded on the water. Hanging out at the Hatch is not sailing the Hatch, get your session in and when you're done leave so others can sail. Take your afternoon social session down to Double Mountain. I would say over 1/2 of the people there today were just yacking in the parking lot or drinking beer in front of their RV. This all goes double for Californians. - Rant Out
tombrady3841

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted earlier on where were sailing today the same thing
the parking is brutal at the hatch
signed a Californian
T
WaveSlayer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quit your complaining... either get there earlier or sail somewhere else... who are you to say how people should spend their time at a public access to the river. Personally, I'd rather have half the people in the parking lot drinking beer than taking the epic swells! Or launch up river or down river and sail to the hatch, don't be afraid to lose sight of your flip flops on the beach!!!!

Shootz! Smile
isobars

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to July in the Gorge.

Mike \m/
tsokat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't ya just park at Swell and pay a few bucks and sail the same water?
rowenaman

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree in part--- The Hatch is not only a primo sailing spot - but a fun social scene where folks from all over the world gather to share a passion over a few summer months. I do enjoy seeing familiar sailing buds, many of whom I don't see during the winter.

Yet on very crowded days when folks are totally done sailing, (vs taking a break between sessions), I do believe it is rude to take up a parking spot and just bs and/or sunbathe at length. But that's just my opinion. There is no way to enforce this nor do I think anyone should try. It's totally up to the individual.

I do however disagree with your CAL bashing; there are many locals that show up early and chill in place all day, just as there are many tourists that sail and then go explore other cool things to do in the Gorge.

One thing we all can do is carpool when possible, or at least try and drive a vehicle with the smallest footprint.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey now , Its those Californians that pay for many beers in your bars, build houses here which support the economy in HR, and stay at the hotels and rentals here as well, not to mention buy tons of gear at your shops. So just shaddup and enjoy your beautiful town and welcome us Cali sailors with open arms.
Boggsman
THOMCO

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: HAtch rant Reply with quote

SAil Bingen if you don't want crowds
wmike

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Boggsman,

The north side of the river is in the state of Washington and the receives no monetary support from Hood River or Oregon. The State parks are free and supported by the tax payers of Washington. Very few visitors support the economy of Bingen, White Salmon or Stevenson. And we the locals clean up all the trash left by people that refuse to pack out their trash.

And the revenue of ticket issued by the Park Rangers goes to the county in which issued, not to the Parks Department.

So visit our few restaurants and stores on the Washington Side.
abrandol

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody goes there anymore; it's too crowded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: