myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hatch parking rant
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumboeye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:06 pm    Post subject: More Parking at the Hatch! Reply with quote

I'm totally serious.

All you guys who arrive alone in vehicles bigger than a small hatchback are guilty of supporting terrorism. You are guilty of treason and should be shot!

Cute girls are exempt, of course.

And if you petroleum oil guzzlers park anywhere else (like the Event Site), you are also exempt.
gwandsh

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tstizzle wrote:
been sailing in the gorge for 11 years and i TOTALLY agree with gwandsh. although i have no idea what he means...

gwandsh wrote:
There is no other site worth sailing in the Gorge. Everybody who is anybody sails there. Anyone who does sail there is a shmuck, lame, or wears short shorts.

Get there early and stay late. But go there - please.

Yeah, my bad typo. I meant to say "Anyone who DOESN'T sail there is a..."

Maybe I should have said "Anyone who doesn't sail there wears shorts over their wetsuit". Oh dang, now I did it....
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: hatch Reply with quote

markwagoner wrote:
..That's the life. GET ON BOARD, or go sail somewhere else..

what if you can't get there at dawn?

what if you don't own an RV?

what if all you want to do is sail for an hour at lunch or after work?

what a dick...
jota

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there's a problem it's the lineup of huge campers that gets there early and establishes their impenetrable wall of vehicles. Then while we arrive for dawn patrol they're just getting up and making bacon. And they hardly ever share the bacon, even though it smells so good as it wafts out through the parking lot and we're derigging after an epic sesh.

One time I was offered some just because I looked so pathetic (and maybe because I was drooling on their stoop) - but it wasn't crispy enough. That's what really steams me - they don't know how to make bacon.

And don't even get me started on Canadian bacon . . . what's with that?

Uh oh - the Canada thing finally slipped out . . .
mumboeye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My little hatchback holds 4 sailors, and gear on the roofrack.

I also carry a little Coleman stove to make breakfast. After we eat, I pour the bacon fat into the little tank of my little car, because it's been converted to run on cooking oil.

Maybe the 99% of sailors who drive big vehicles think it's ok, but it is against my religion to support Al Qaeda.

And we don't sail that often, because every time we sail, it means driving 5 miles round trip, which contributes to more greenhouse gases.
markandmonique

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just left the Hatch (sailed from 12:30 pm-2:30pm) and there were like 30 spots to park. Maybe all the wind scared folks off for the day.

I LOVE and WILL ALWAYS LOVE THE HATCH!!!!!!
andymc4610

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really windy today, spots all morning at the Hatch, best was 9-11 for swell/wind. I don't sail the hatch anymore, there are those who drop off a car in the early morning (i would get there at 7-8am) and the leave till noon or afternoon to come back to sail. Most were locals.....
pirat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had trouble parking with this setup. Although I do risk getting skunked if I load the wrong board.

12trailer09800.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  74.65 KB
 Viewed:  14618 Time(s)

12trailer09800.jpg

SamD0g

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only answer is one of those little houses with a gate, a time stamp machine and a attendant. Have you noticed the counter cable across the entry ? Better stop complaining or 'they' will fix the problem. Pavement, lined spots with little numbers, RV spots that you will get a ticket for parking in if you don't drive a giant behemoth. An end to the creative parking we have learned to love. GAAAAAAH
advgeek

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boyslie wrote:
The only answer is one of those little houses with a gate, a time stamp machine and a attendant. Have you noticed the counter cable across the entry ? Better stop complaining or 'they' will fix the problem. Pavement, lined spots with little numbers, RV spots that you will get a ticket for parking in if you don't drive a giant behemoth. An end to the creative parking we have learned to love. GAAAAAAH

God help us, but there's got to be some sort of middle ground between "I got my spot(s) for my big RV, screw you. You should go sail at the Marina if you didn't get here at 5:30AM." and "Zee parking more zan 1 hur zis verboten".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8

Jump to: