myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
The Wall Restoration: What Restoration?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wsmike

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: The Wall Restoration: What Restoration? Reply with quote

The only thing that's been restored (from my visit yesterday July 18th) was some star thistle, some sage brush, and carloads of white trash who left lots of trash and beer cans floating in the water, littered on the shore, broken glass on the rocks.

Does someone know something I don't know? what a waste of hard work, resources and public policy. I heard that they're still enforcing the "don't walk on the grass" policy even though all that's there is a big weed field without a living blade of grass in sight. Thoroughly shocked and awed.
Mulekick84

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WSMIKE wrote: "and carloads of white trash who left lots of trash and beer cans floating in the water"

So Wyatt and boyz drink a few beers when the wind's not blowing. Is that such a crime? Can't we all just get along?

My favorite at the Wall was about a 5 foot Sturgeon carcass that had been cleaned and left rotting onshore. Classy!!
hilton08

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: The Wall 2010 Reply with quote

Has anyone sailed at The Wall yet this year?
Is the restoration/re-vegetation project complete?
Can we launch at the main cove again yet?
wsmike

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed there yesterday but didn't go down to the main launch. It seems ironic to do a restoration project there since the only time that grass will grow is from about mid-April through mid-June. At the end of the season last year the "grassy" knoll had been taken over by star thistle and hicks throwing beer bottles again.
jamesschmitt

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think periodically the port-a-potty blows over; MaB thats the restoration the're talking about.
WMP

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamesschmitt wrote:
I think periodically the port-a-potty blows over; MaB thats the restoration the're talking about.

yep

DSC_00170609a.jpg
 Description:
wall_portapoop
 Filesize:  94.22 KB
 Viewed:  19481 Time(s)

DSC_00170609a.jpg

rudyredneck

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:57 pm    Post subject: beer cans and poopy diapers Reply with quote

This is a huge improvement over the carpet bombing of poopy diapers I cleaned up at the wall about this time last year. Poor kids won't have a chance with parent's like that.
rapacz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:12 pm    Post subject: the wall Reply with quote

I sailed yesterday at the Wall and can report the star thistle is doing well. The no trespassing signs are still up and fishing nets are along the whole shoreline. on a positive note, it seems a little less crowded and no one drowned in the nets.
Larry.Lampshade

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:33 pm    Post subject: Star Thistle Reply with quote

Isn't star thistle on the endagered plant species list? Very Happy
Shredder33

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:55 pm    Post subject: complete waste of money and effort! Reply with quote

What a joke, it's no wonder that the republican party exists, when environmental efforts are so lame and blatantly against the public's interests, it's not hard to point the finger and say "Hey that's dumb and a waste of money". Hundreds of miles of unusable shore line and the only place windsurfers want to launch is shut down. Why can't they plant some pine trees or create some sand dunes or something that works for people too? What about the trains on both sides of the river, the hwys on both sides? Come on why spend tax dollars to pick on windsurfers? Who is in charge of this project?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: