myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Hood River consignment companies ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:26 am    Post subject: Hood River consignment companies ? Reply with quote

Plan to try to sell some windsurf equipment at the Windance swap meet in July. so if that fails .....

I know Windance has consignment for sails/boards .

Are their any others that do so as well ?

Who seems to do the best, cost vs selling ?

http://www.k4fins.com/fins.html
http://4boards.co.uk/
bobgatpdx1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd Wind also does consignment.
I've had good luck with Windance in the past.
The swapmeets are you best bet though!
bobg
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had good luck selling a board at Bart's consignment shop in 2002, and it sold in less than a week. It's my understanding that more recently Bart has also been working at the Gorge Surf Shop too, but if things are like they've been in past years, Bart still operates his shop for a portion of the day. I should say this though, Bart is somewhat picky about what he will accept. He really looks for late model stuff in good condition.
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
I had good luck selling a board at Bart's consignment shop in 2002, and it sold in less than a week. It's my understanding that more recently Bart has also been working at the Gorge Surf Shop too, but if things are like they've been in past years, Bart still operates his shop for a portion of the day. I should say this though, Bart is somewhat picky about what he will accept. He really looks for late model stuff in good condition.

Whats it called ? Barts ?

U got mail

swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noted the PM after I posted on your thread, and I'll get back to you this morning.

Bart is the guy that has done the morning wind report for many years on one of the local radio stations. I can't exactly remember the name of his shop, but it's located just down the street a block or two west from the Post Office in Hood River. His spot is right next to the old Gorge Animal shop, and it has a large sliding door that's open if the shop is open. If his shop is closed, I would recommend going to the Gorge Surf Shop and inquire about Bart. It could be that he might be working there when you drop by. He's a tall guy about 6'5".
ctwindsurf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the recent swap meet during windfest the only stuff that was selling seemed to be older 200-300 priced boards and really good condition sails in the 100 range I saw a new 08 Mistral red dot, wave priced for 600 and did not sell. I also saw a Jp RWW 07 in new condition for 650 and it did not sell. It seems the market is very tight. If you are selling something very competitively priced maybe, but good luck.
thombiz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bart Vervolet is the resale shop guy!
U2U2U2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ctwindsurf wrote:
At the recent swap meet during windfest the only stuff that was selling seemed to be older 200-300 priced boards and really good condition sails in the 100 range I saw a new 08 Mistral red dot, wave priced for 600 and did not sell. I also saw a Jp RWW 07 in new condition for 650 and it did not sell. It seems the market is very tight. If you are selling something very competitively priced maybe, but good luck.

afraid of that, but see how it goes

andymc4610

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as I know Bart is not doing resale shop stuff nor the weather reports. So windance or 2nd wind are you best bets. I like Dave the new windance owner real straight shooter and I like the guys at the surf shop.

As stated the swap meets are fickle and for the most part boards over $500 do not sell. when you can pick up a new board in the $800 range at the end of the season it' hard to compete. the May swap meet is the busiest.

you could post an add before you get here through windance classifieds or craigs list PDX is another route.
isobars

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite recently, Bart still carried some selected consignment boards in the Gorge Surf Shop.

Mike \m/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: