myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Continentseven

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cagjr21150

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Continentseven Reply with quote

Thanks to John Skye with the PWA in Costa Brava Spain for this interview

The last interview of the day with the Continent 7 guys. Whilst not competing (and actually whilst competing too) Chris Pressler is part of a 3 person team who runs the Continent 7 website. I sat down with him and his partner Kirsten to get the low down on their web world.

How is it to compete and at the same time keep the site updated

Chris: Its easy here, Kirsten helps with everything. In Korea I was on my own, but with a thermal wind you always get time in the mornings.
Kirsten: When he is at events, he deals with the contest stuff and I do the rest.
Chris: I prefer going to events when I am not competing. I can do more things, prepare more features.
Kirsten: Its hard now at the moment as we have a new site coming soon, so at the moment we have to do everything twice. Once for the old site and once for the new site.
John: When will we see the new site? Is it improved a lot?
Kirsten: It should be out hopefully by Pozo, or if not Fuerte.
Chris: It is a lot better. We have integrated some facebook and twitter features. Plus the old site had no space for things. Now we hope to not only include big events like PWA, but have a place for everyone. Even small local events can get room. We want to broaden our base a bit. At the moment its really good for freestylers but we want to open it up a bit. But still keep it interesting for freestylers for sure!

Your moves page is the best of them all. How do you keep it updated?
Chris: I try to add at least 1 move every day, sometimes 2. We used to do it in 4 versions. Normal speed, slow motion and in both directions so you can learn the move on either tack.
Kirsten: We want to do more interactions in the future. Some descriptions of the moves or commentary from the sailors.
Chris: Yes more interaction. It would be nice to do more podcasts. Hopefully I can get loads done in Fuerte. The slalom and the freestyle are run separately so I should have time to film the freestylers a lot.

Where are most of your viewers from?

Kirsten: 12% Germany, 10% Austria and then most of the other big European countries are all pretty equal.
John: How many countries in total?
Chris: I think about 140.
John: What is the most random country?
Kirsten: Not sure. Maybe Afganistan. We had 5 hits from there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: