myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sign Petition today (6/1) to keep CA State Parks open
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
geohaye

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:55 am    Post subject: Sign Petition today (6/1) to keep CA State Parks open Reply with quote

Surfrider Foundation petition is here:
http://actionnetwork.org/campaign/caparks05_09?qp_source=fb

Picture 1.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  401.26 KB
 Viewed:  16827 Time(s)

Picture 1.png

mikecole

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea how the closure would affect holders of season day use permits?
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mike, I think everyone, irrespective of having a pass or not, is going to be screwed. And who do we have to blame?

A bunch of cheap ass Republicans.
joew

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly clear on what that means, but services provided must be paid for, so without raising taxes, or reducing social services, or eligibility for services somethings got to give,you mean no one saw this coming after the voting results on the most recent propositions?
mikecole

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea.... Sounds like the state is going to have to layoff all the rangers but why not let the volunteer park hosts operate the day use and camping facilities and allow them to keep 3/4 of the fees collected with the other 1/4 going to the state. This keeps the parks open, allows the park hosts to pay the water/electric/trash bills and make a small profit. Won't cost the state a dime.

Mike
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikecole wrote:
Any idea how the closure would affect holders of season day use permits?

The parks are being C L O S E D.
L O C K E D.
G A T E D.
C H A I N E D.
S E A L E D.
O F F L I M I T S .
N O M O R E .
Y O U E N T E R, Y O U G O T O J A I L.

Meanwhile, you can bet your sweet ass your tax money will be paying for criminal illegal aliens, MANY of them felons, and their extended families to use schools, hospitals, and everything else they came here for at your expense. Then they will turn around and vote for more of the same ... and if you don't think they vote, pay some attention to the news, specifically news about ACORN. Your taxes and mine, even though I never set foot in CA, are also going to pay people for buying much more house than they could afford, paying GM for piss-poor management ... while your parks are being closed and all your freedoms curtailed "for the greater good".

You people voted for this at both the state and federal levels. You wanted the government to run your lives, and by God you got what you wanted. Deal with it ... and try to explain to your children -- or YOURSELF, if you ARE some working stiff's child -- why it's going to cost every one of them/you hundreds of thousands of dollars.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been regularly buying a state park pass for nearly 20 years now. I wonder what my $125 is buying me now? I'm quite sure the state of California isn't going to offer me some kind of a refund.

As far as paying more in income taxes to keep our state parks open, I'm not against that at all. To that point, I have just forwarded an E-Mail to Senator Tony Strickland, who represents the 19th District where I live, clearly stating that.

Also, I've already forwarded the Surfrider Foundation's petition to the Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, Assembly Representative Pedro Nava, and Senator Strickland. I'm sure that Nava understands the gravity of the issue, but I question whether Schwarzenegger and Strickland really care. Actually, based on the hard "anti tax" platform that Strickland ran on in the November 2008, he couldn't give a rat's ass about the constituents in his district. All the beaches in the Channel Island district have been slated for closure.

Lastly, joew, I was one of the minority that actually voted for the recent propositions. Still though, I honestly think that the State Park closures were on the block all along, irrespective of the propositions.
mac

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, Isobars pontificates, incorrectly, about something in a state that he is unfamiliar with. With a mean spirited, right wing cant. Isobars--what part of shut up doesn't get through your defenses?
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac wrote:
Once again, Isobars pontificates, incorrectly, about something in a state that he is unfamiliar with. With a mean spirited, right wing cant. Isobars--what part of shut up doesn't get through your defenses?

So would you not consider this a mean spirited, left wing cant?

swchandler wrote:
.... And who do we have to blame?

A bunch of cheap ass Republicans.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey ISO ... you are not a resident of the great state of California, so STFU! I think we privatize the Parks. Anyone want to join my syndicate, Im bidding on Leo?? JP?
Boggsman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: