myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Replacement Harness

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkayes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Replacement Harness Reply with quote

On Sunday I noticed that the little buckle that's sewn into my Da Kine T3 harness had sheared off (after only 3 years of sailing). Given the likelihood that this is not covered by the warranty and that it is probably more effort and money than it's worth to properly fix this, I was hoping that my I could get people's views on harnesses other than Da Kine (the rest of the harness is in great shape, so this is frustrating). I'm looking for a waist harness because I sail the waves a lot. I'm also looking for strength and flexible movement -- parts lasting more than 3 years is a bonus. Other brands that I've seen are Naish, Mystic and Pro Limit. Does anyone have any experience with those?
isobars

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaK's service is as good as it gets. Get that harness to their repair facility and they'll fix it free or dirt cheap post haste.

Mike \m/
gregorvass

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy A NEW Harness 69 Dollars with Bar!

http://www.neilprydemaui.com/category.php?id=14

Middle of page.

Live outside of HI NO TAX!
geffert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure where you are from, but you should be able to take it back to the shop you purchased it from so they can help you get it repaired (likely via the Dakine repair facility).

We sell Naish, Mystic and Prolimit as well as Naish. Dakine and Prolimit are by far the best sellers. The back support in the Prolimits are bar none. The Dakines offer great quality and great warranty support.

Wear after 3 years is not uncommon if you are sailing often. Let me know if you need help getting to the repair services at Dakine.

Cheers,
-Rebecca
Boardsports School & Shop
San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo
www.boardsportsschool.com
giantbluefin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:46 pm    Post subject: harness repair Reply with quote

FYI--Given that I think there's only like one bricks-and-mortar board shop left on the face of the planet, if you need harness repairs ASAP, hit your local SHOE COBBLER...they have tools...I should note that there are barely any shoe cobblers left, either...but they seem to have faired better than windsurfing shops of late.
ctuna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:58 pm    Post subject: Prolimit has been good for me Reply with quote

Super easy to get in an out of if use the Included Spreader Bar . Doesn't ride up and actually comes in big guy sizes. Type T Waist.
ctuna

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Joe Dill could repair it. Reply with quote

Joe Dill in Davenport . Davenport Surf and Sail for repairs
429-6051 area code 831
jkayes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the responses. Repairing it through Da Kine is way cheaper than I expected.
winddoctor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had this same issue with all of my DaKine Thermoform harnesses (the sewn-in D-ring eventually fatigues and snaps). The D-ring is not built strong enough in my opinion. I've broken mine within 4 months of purchase. I've had good luck taking my harness in for re-sewing at the cobbler, but finding a new D-ring isn't always easy. After having this problem pop up a few times, I contacted DaKine and they've been helpful. Hopefully they beef up their D-rings soon, because it's a simple fix, and worrying about your harness failing is a drag.
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: BUY MORE STUFF... THE AMERICAN WAY!!! Reply with quote

Support the W/S economy... Da Kine will probably fix the damaged one for free, so go out and buy a new one and have a spare! Someday, the spare will save you a session. Or be a good guy and make a friend by loaning it to the sailor who came to the rude discovery that he/she left home without their's!!! Aloha, Bull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: