myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
NEW DATE-Jibing and Freestyle Clinic@Crissy Sat May 30th
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We only have a small group for the clinic so far. maybe 5 people. So there is plenty of room and it will make for lots of personal instruction on the water.

For the on water portion we usually go up the beach so I can keep the group separated.

I try and have people try stuff coming in close to the beach so we can then talk on the beach.

Also, I connect with people on the beach and then chase them out and back while they go for whatever move they are trying, then reconnect on the beach.
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will also have a Few SUP's available to practice light air stuff on if it is too light.

You will learn more in one day on a big board with a small sail in 5-15mph

Than you will in 10 day on your planing stuff.

Windsurfing is 80% Sail handling 20% Board skill !!!!!!!!!!
gsnell

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I attended Wyatt's clinic a few weeks ago. It was probably the best $75 I've ever spent on windsurfing! Great instructions from the basic to the advanced. His advice on jibing was spot on, he told us stuff I've never heard before. And most importantly, after the clinic I was and still am much more excited and willing to try new things.
George
chibichibi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

took wyatt's clinic at crissy on saturday. the guy really knows what he's talking about, gives super detailed on-land demos, and has a great easy going instructional approach. highly reccommend future clinics. he also offers free tecates during the lesson. just need some sliced limes next time. Wink
diannesf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the clinic too. Wyatt really is a great teacher and his enthusiasm is infectious! Even though it ran late and it was cold, he stayed and helped everyone on the water, and he really helped me do some things I'd never done before. I would recommend this clinic for anyone, and I would definitely do it again. Thanks, Wyatt!!
jkayes

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. I even started taking my first steps towards carve 360s, loops and shove-its on Sunday thanks to Wyatt's teachings.
benpfree1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Wyatt,
I really want to take your clinic....
If you do another one post a little more advance notice. I'm living down in santa cruz now so I have to plan to make it up to the bay.
I'd be interested in a similar clinic to the one you just did OR a jibe only clinic.
Also, how long will you be around the bay this summer in case I wanted to arrange some private lessons?

thanks
Ben
PAmuddog

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

benpfree1 wrote:
Hi Wyatt,
I really want to take your clinic....
If you do another one post a little more advance notice. I'm living down in santa cruz now so I have to plan to make it up to the bay.
I'd be interested in a similar clinic to the one you just did OR a jibe only clinic.
Also, how long will you be around the bay this summer in case I wanted to arrange some private lessons?

thanks
Ben

Ben,

The PAmuddogs have commissioned Wyatt Miller for Freestyle clinics at the PA Dog Pond (Palo Alto) this weekend 6/6 and 6/7. Saturday 6/6 is full but there are openings on Sunday 6/7. It will have the same time format as his Crissy clinic last Saturday.

The cost is $57 which includes a shorty TOGO'S sandwich of your choice and various chips and dips. Bring your own beverages and additional appetizers to share if you so desire. Any canopy offered for sun protection during the lecture will be appreciated by all.

We learned a lot from Wyatt last year. He's one of the best Freestyle instructors in the business.

If you or anyone else is interested contact PAmuddog@yahoo.com.

There are about 5 spots left.

magalh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:44 pm    Post subject: Clinic in SOCAL? Reply with quote

does anyone know about clinics in socal? can't drive so far!
wyattmiller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmmm Magalh,

I know tyson and Casey did a clinic at lake isabella in the spring but they are both in the gorge for the rest of the summer.

I am located in the bay for a bit then head to the Gorge as well.

Other than wave clinics at San Carlos Baja, I do not think there is much in LA. Too far of a drive for us in the Bay also.

Tyson and I will be heading to San Carlos in September and maybe we could organize a clinic in LA for the ride down. Not sure how great the wind is in the SoCal area in Sept.

Sorry I don't have an easier answer

Wyatt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: