myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
OES 95 L Twin fin wavesailed in 10 to 12 knots

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OESmaui

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 12:02 pm    Post subject: OES 95 L Twin fin wavesailed in 10 to 12 knots Reply with quote

“Rode 95 Twin Fin for the first time at middleton- exact day I had been waiting for – light wind with big swell. Plenty of banks working so some good right hand sections.

Wind was 5kts on the inside, washing machine of white water to half mast to get out through and mast high sets, 10-12kts on the outside. No one out.

95TF and 5.7 Severne punched out ok. Took off on the first wave and found the board just ripped. I had ridden the 95 a fair bit in smaller stuff at walkers and was confident it would be a perfect middleton board; it exceeded my expectations.

I had a great sail- waves on tap as I had the place to myself!! The light wind meant silky faces and great down the line sailing. The 95 TF planes so easily and the transition is so flat and easy onto the plane that when a few stronger 15kt gusts came through there were even some nice jumps to be had.

When the wind picked up enough for a few guys to get out the swell got cut up by the wind and the outgoing tide meant the swell eased; who would have thought that the 5-10 kt session would be better than the 20kt one!!!

I reckon its time to order a 105TF!! A 105 TF and a 6.3 and we’ll be out in virtually no wind!! As middleton is often marginal these boards will provide an extra 10-20 days quality sailing per year.”
Maris Naish
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/img/photos/windsurfing/2332132.jpg
http://www.seabreeze.com.au/img/photos/windsurfing/2332367.jpg

www.oesaustralia.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Industry News & Promotions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: