myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
All quiet on the South Bay

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
r_g_armstrong

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:04 pm    Post subject: All quiet on the South Bay Reply with quote

Perfectly calm yesterday morning in the South Bay. Launched my whitewater kayak at Palo Alto and headed east. Zero wind, temperature about 80 deg and a tide of 9 feet. The Bay was like a mirror with all shorelines reflected perfectly, with a slight shimmer of mist. As I approached channel marker 20, the last in the Bay, I could not discern the water level until I was about 20 feet away, such was the stillness of the water. I headed into the mouth of Coyote Creek where the transmission line crosses. I have sailed to this point a few times, but beyond that the levees kill the wind. This time I paddled into Alviso Slough, eventually taking out at the new boat ramp at Alviso. Then I rode my bike back to the put-in, having previously stashed it under a bridge. Overall, quite a workout.

Rod
bil7y

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: swiss army knife water sports Reply with quote

nice post. Definitely good to see you making the most of a windless day. I take the swiss army knife approach to watersports. Looks like you pulled out the perfect blade for the day.

David
www.waterhound.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: