myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Cape Cod Roller Coaster Sailing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pueno

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
andymc4610 wrote:
rig for what it is, worst case you get a few reaches and then need to re-rig or change boards. Do not sit on the beach and ho-hum it's a waiste of time. Changing boards is easier than sails. I mostly carry an 80L and 110L boards.
Here's one for you and the Weissguy. Friday I arrived at the beach right before two kiters who I know. We had a discussion about the wind, I put up the anemometer and began to prepare to sail. One of the kiters launched before I chose a sail. The meter was giving us strong readings, but when he came in he said that the wind had died. The forecast was for increasing winds at that time. He changed his board and went back out. I picked the biggest sail I had with me which I figured could carry me through the long lull and perhaps be the right sail when the winds picked up. Once on the water, the winds picked up but I could hold onto the sail in my favored tack, the port, and ride in the straps. The other tack was another story. Now at this point the wind and sail size weren't the only factor I had to consider as to why I was having trouble. There was my former injuries to my right leg, the kind of sail I was using, my technique, etc. I also started seeing sail choice a lot like cross-country wax choice. Once you prep your equipment and become active in your sport, you have no enthusiasm for stopping and going through the labors of changing things. If you don't get the right wax, you can still ski albeit with difficulty. The same goes for sailing with the wrong sail, fin or board. Often this leads to interesting results, especially when TOW is the ultimate goal. Eventually I rigged down as did the kiters. However, although I was more comfortable on the smaller sail, I didn't do all that much better.

<Yawn...>...... Blah, blah..... yak, yak...... yada, yada...... <Yawn...>
DanWeiss

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
andymc4610 wrote:
rig for what it is, worst case you get a few reaches and then need to re-rig or change boards. Do not sit on the beach and ho-hum it's a waiste of time. Changing boards is easier than sails. I mostly carry an 80L and 110L boards.
Here's one for you and the Weissguy. Friday I arrived at the beach right before two kiters who I know. We had a discussion about the wind, I put up the anemometer and began to prepare to sail. One of the kiters launched before I chose a sail. The meter was giving us strong readings, but when he came in he said that the wind had died. The forecast was for increasing winds at that time. He changed his board and went back out. I picked the biggest sail I had with me which I figured could carry me through the long lull and perhaps be the right sail when the winds picked up. Once on the water, the winds picked up but I could hold onto the sail in my favored tack, the port, and ride in the straps. The other tack was another story. Now at this point the wind and sail size weren't the only factor I had to consider as to why I was having trouble. There was my former injuries to my right leg, the kind of sail I was using, my technique, etc. I also started seeing sail choice a lot like cross-country wax choice. Once you prep your equipment and become active in your sport, you have no enthusiasm for stopping and going through the labors of changing things. If you don't get the right wax, you can still ski albeit with difficulty. The same goes for sailing with the wrong sail, fin or board. Often this leads to interesting results, especially when TOW is the ultimate goal. Eventually I rigged down as did the kiters. However, although I was more comfortable on the smaller sail, I didn't do all that much better.

Huh? I strongly suggest you take command of your native tongue. Otherwise, cease writing your drivel.
inlandsea

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rigged my Fly Rod and plan to Catch a fish.
I think I am rigged for the current conditions.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inlandsea wrote:
It seems like it's time to push the button, Philthy.

PanicButton.JPG
 Description:
Now that you have become unravelled, you must push the button.
 Filesize:  247.07 KB
 Viewed:  9706 Time(s)

PanicButton.JPG

pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:

Gosh, is that clever, or what?

Brucie, you gotta be the slickest thing we've seen since that sack of dead doorknobs.....
inlandsea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoe wrote:
inlandsea wrote:

I was thinking maybe "delete"
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about just pulling the plug? Whatever, you chose the wrong analogy with fly fishing. Actually, I've always known fly fishing as a specialized type of fishing that couldn't be done in any kind of wind. Last summer I struck up a conversation with a guy down at the Wacko launch after a pretty good windsurfing session. He said he had tried to fly fish over near Sage Lot Pond but it had been too windy. Soon after that, I ran into another fly fisherman in the parking lot and told him that I was surprised that anyone would be fly fishing on Cape Cod, given the usual windy conditions. Wink He told me that fly fishing equipment has improved so much that it isn't so ridiculous as it used to be to use it here. However, if you set out to catch a fish, you should take conventional equipment and be prepared to rig differently if the wind picks up. Laughing
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailing wrote:
How about just pulling the plug? Whatever, you chose the wrong analogy with fly fishing. Actually, I've always known fly fishing as a specialized type of fishing that couldn't be done in any kind of wind. Last summer I struck up a conversation with a guy down at the Wacko launch after a pretty good windsurfing session. He said he had tried to fly fish over near Sage Lot Pond but it had been too windy. Soon after that, I ran into another fly fisherman in the parking lot and told him that I was surprised that anyone would be fly fishing on Cape Cod, given the usual windy conditions. Wink He told me that fly fishing equipment has improved so much that it isn't so ridiculous as it used to be to use it here. However, if you set out to catch a fish, you should take conventional equipment and be prepared to rig differently if the wind picks up. Laughing

Brucie, you amazing jackass..... He went fishing and caught you............ hook, line, and sinker.

BTW...... Since your kids won't speak to you, let me be the first to wish you
HAPPY FATHER'S DAY.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: