myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Costa del Sol, Spain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Costa del Sol, Spain Reply with quote

My former Danish exchange student is going to Spain on holiday and is interested in sailing. Anybody have any experience there? Rentals, conditions, etc...

Steve
scooter888

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Spain ideas Reply with quote

Spain is an incredible country!

Tarifa is part of the costa del sol, and may have the best flat water windsurfing in Europe. This is windsurfer (and now kitesurfer also) paradise. Lots of rental gear there (including mistral centre) and lots of wind. Not a place for beginners. Monty Spinler had (has) a sail factory and there was (is) several board shapers in residence. If I remember correctly, the Hurricane Hotel is fun and has some inexpensive trailers outside the hotel if you are on a budget. I think a wetsuit is necessary year round. Don't keep anything in your car overnight unless you want it to disappear! Some idiot stole the fog lights off my car!!!

La Manga of the Mar Menor is popular. The water is warmer and it is less windy; I don't remember if it is a shallow water area. Don't know if there are rental places. Further up north is Denia, another reasonably popular windsurfing destination

Guincho in Portugal is good for wave surfing but that is a fair distance on roads that I remember to be slow

Good luck
scooter888

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Spain ideas Reply with quote

Spain is an incredible country!

Tarifa is part of the costa del sol, and may have the best flat water windsurfing in Europe. This is windsurfer (and now kitesurfer also) paradise. Lots of rental gear there (including mistral centre) and lots of wind. Not a place for beginners. Monty Spinler had (has) a sail factory and there was (is) several board shapers in residence. If I remember correctly, the Hurricane Hotel is fun and has some inexpensive trailers outside the hotel if you are on a budget. I think a wetsuit is necessary year round. Don't keep anything in your car overnight unless you want it to disappear! Some idiot stole the fog lights off my car!!!

La Manga of the Mar Menor is popular. The water is warmer and it is less windy; I don't remember if it is a shallow water area. Don't know if there are rental places. Further up north is Denia, another reasonably popular windsurfing destination

Guincho in Portugal is good for wave surfing but that is a fair distance on roads that I remember to be slow

Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: