myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Tips on Aruba
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andymc4610

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

njsail wrote:
On my way to Aruba this August and staying at the Marriott. Any thoughts on reserving gear at Vela ahead of time vs walk-up renting? Would rather not commit to a certain number of days ahead of time given possible bad weather and "touristy" stuff I may have to do with the wife.

Vela has a policy that reserved paying clients get not only first choice but are made sure there is plenty gear left for them. So, as a walk-up unless you know they are not busy I would not advise. And rightly so or everyone would be a walk-up.
fesotelo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got back from Aruba. I rented at aruba active vacations, they have Gastra sails and Exocet boards, their equipment is a little old and not that well rigged, but it's fair. The wind was decent but gusty, I sailed on a 5.7, 6.2, and a 5.9. In my opinion there are better places to sail, since it's offshore it's very gusty and the water too shallow at spots so you have to be careful. Aruba is more expensive than the DR, Cancun and Hawaii. It's very safe, the beach is calm and family friendly if you are looking for a compromise.
NC_Glider

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tips! We are going to vacation to Aruba in the next month and glad to know where NOT to go to waste our time. The tip about the old equipment will be very helpful and time efficient.
Sunglasses
Cooler
Caribchakita

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the tips are a year old...go to Vela, reliable and predictable. Mac will take care of you..

Twitter: bonairebliss
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Europe, Caribbean & S. America, Australia & NZ, Africa, Asia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: