myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ACCESS AT TREASURE ISLAND
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
victor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

>It appears the boat ramp and entire bike path are now open

good news. that's a start.

the boat ramp in not too long a walk from the bayside dr. launch. probably not much more than from the parking lot at crissy to the water and not as many dogs and beach goers to walk through.

even closer would be something along north point dr. if there is a break in the fence somewhere along there.

we'll have to check it out.
h2oshots

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
h2oshots wrote:
a couple more, names would be helpful if you reckognize anyone...

thanks! Wink

Yep, that's some of the Team Dawg crew: http://www.teamdawg.org

Girl on blue/yellow simmer: Astrid
Green RRD sail doing the shove-it: Sofien
Black and white Hot Sail doing the vulcan: Christian
White and orange KA sail doing the vulcan: Matt (teamdawg.org is his creation)

Eric, if you're on the bay and interested in doing photoshoots, team dawg is a bunch of narcissists and attention mongers Laughing

You bet.. we should set something up....
h2oshots

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jse wrote:
Hey watershots, got any pictures of me? I was there. All-black Superfreak. I wasn't doing any flaka's but it would be cool to have a photo.

Steve

excuse my ignorance, but is that a Hotsails model?
jse

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

h2oshots wrote:
jse wrote:
Hey watershots, got any pictures of me? I was there. All-black Superfreak. I wasn't doing any flaka's but it would be cool to have a photo.

Steve

excuse my ignorance, but is that a Hotsails model?

That would be correct. It looks like this:

07sfc277.jpg
 Description:
My superfreak
 Filesize:  88.24 KB
 Viewed:  14685 Time(s)

07sfc277.jpg

rigatoni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Team Sewer Pipe,

If I read that previous post correctly, you are about to lose access to that area due to the next phase of cleanup. Let's get some pressure on Major Nimrod to get the old parking lot open again.
wlundquist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Just wanted to note that I drove out to the NE corner of Treasure Island this afternoon and I turned down a small North South running dirt access road at the east end of the apartments and ended up in a grassy area, perfect for rigging. There was a very large gap in the fence, like 50 feet, completely missing which allowed direct access to the old boat ramp on the NE corner, not more than 50 feet away from the rigging area!

It was after 5 so I did not rig and go out but one of the residents came up to me and was very happy to see the windsurfers back. I stopped to talk to this person and they said something about their rent being raised back to what it was before the Navy remediation work and they were simply taking back access to the shoreline. They were quite pissed off about being denied access and use of the shoreline area.

Then a guy in a coast guard uniform walked up and told me to leave because my catalytic converter would cause a grass fire and when I mentioned that the road I came down did not have any sign saying to stop or go back he wrote down my license plate and walked away.

It was a little surreal but I am going back tomorrow to try again. The Navy has kept that access point closed way too long.

I mean it really is probably the location in the entire Bay Area with the most consistent winds right off the launch site.
jse

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many cars can fit there?
VinceSF

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"[quote="wlundquist"] Just wanted to note that I drove out to the NE corner of Treasure Island this afternoon and I turned down a small North South running dirt access road at the east end of the apartments and ended up in a grassy area, perfect for rigging. There was a very large gap in the fence, like 50 feet, completely missing which allowed direct access to the old boat ramp on the NE corner, not more than 50 feet away from the rigging area!"

I looked at google maps and indeed there is a dirt trial perpendicular to 13th street right after exposition drive.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=treasure+island+ca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.136668,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=37.829684,-122.371463&spn=0.002165,0.006866&t=h&z=18
Of course, the satellite map is prior to the cleaning but is this the rigt place to look at?
chavilleca

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="VinceSF"]"
wlundquist wrote:
Just wanted to note that I drove out to the NE corner of Treasure Island this afternoon and I turned down a small North South running dirt access road at the east end of the apartments and ended up in a grassy area, perfect for rigging. There was a very large gap in the fence, like 50 feet, completely missing which allowed direct access to the old boat ramp on the NE corner, not more than 50 feet away from the rigging area!"

I looked at google maps and indeed there is a dirt trial perpendicular to 13th street right after exposition drive.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=treasure+island+ca&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=37.136668,79.101563&ie=UTF8&ll=37.829684,-122.371463&spn=0.002165,0.006866&t=h&z=18
Of course, the satellite map is prior to the cleaning but is this the rigt place to look at?

I can't see the access you are mentioning on google map but very excited to find out about that grassy area. Any chance you could pinpoint more precisely.
Thanks a lot. Can't wait to sail from there!
wlundquist

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is how to find the dirt road. If you look at Google maps, all the way on NE corner you will see the breakwater and boat ramp.

You will also see I street running diagonally down from the breakwater in a southeast direction.

Just parallel to I street you will see a dirt road. That is the road. If you follow it out to the breakwater there is a grassy area with room for 10 or more cars.

Not sure if the local authorities will try to crack down on this access point but it is worth trying. There are NO signs posted that prohibit access in any way, it is a very nice rigging area and a short walk to the boat ramp.

Keep everyone posted on how it goes.

Thanks,

Weyman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: