myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ACCESS AT TREASURE ISLAND
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madspaniard

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

believe me, no matter how many letters we've sent and how many meetings we've attended, they are completely unaware and couldn't care less that a bunch of us are killing to practice our sport from THEIR boatramp. In their minds we don't even exist. Mac, I'm sure you know this as well as I do since we both have experience with this type of remediation projects. I'm not saying we should stop doing what we are doing though.
sinusoidal

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

madspaniard wrote:
believe me, no matter how many letters we've sent and how many meetings we've attended, they are completely unaware and couldn't care less that a bunch of us are killing to practice our sport from THEIR boatramp. In their minds we don't even exist. Mac, I'm sure you know this as well as I do since we both have experience with this type of remediation projects. I'm not saying we should stop doing what we are doing though.

See, that's my point. Try something new. Forget the letter writing.
If you can't convince him to try windsurfing (imagine a navy weenie being afraid of the water) then skip to the old standby method, extortion. Works for me!
rigatoni

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is ironic that the NAVY wants to keep people off the water. If you met this weenie James Sullivan, you would know what we are talking about. Kiss another season goodbye out there.
Epenrose

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As members of the Naval Department seem to dying regularly I would only presume that opening Treasure Island for 25 windsurfers may not be priority number one.

All departments of the military may be a touch stretched thin right now if you haven't noticed and maybe a touch of respect for the dedication, commitment and service may go a long way.

I am sure the comments will go a long in not helping or winning anyone over, especially in the Navy.

As part of a Navy family with a huge respect for their service a different approach may help rather that sounding like a bunch of winging elitists.
koogzah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epenrose wrote:
... a different approach may help rather that sounding like a bunch of winging elitists.

Speaking of elitism, I think that would be "whinging".
rigatoni

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The frustration with the Navy expressed on this website has nothing to do with the individuals who have served our country, but with one individual incompetent bureaucrat who is a member of the Navy in name only. We took time out from our lives to attend public hearings, write e-mails, try to get anyone to listen and got lied to and ignored time after time. The amount of waste and fraud going on out on that island with zero accountability is shameful. Aside from the windsurfing access, as taxpayers you should all be outraged.
dsiskind2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just speaking with a transportation planner from UC Berkeley who suggested the South Sailing Basin in the Berkeley Marina is being considered as a potential site for a new ferry terminal. Does anyone have more information about this?
mac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, look on the forum for the threat thread.
tomg

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Rigatoni. This has nothing to do with the Navy fighting forces. This is the military-industrial complex, ie a very large contractor, taking its sweet time to cleanup something that is questionably a problem. Excessive foot dragging for sure. We need to apply our voices now in the right way. Letters are a really directed at the regulatory agencies, but even they have little to say about access.

Tom G.
jp5

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rigatoni wrote:
The frustration with the Navy expressed on this website has nothing to do with the individuals who have served our country, but with one individual incompetent bureaucrat who is a member of the Navy in name only. We took time out from our lives to attend public hearings, write e-mails, try to get anyone to listen and got lied to and ignored time after time. The amount of waste and fraud going on out on that island with zero accountability is shameful. Aside from the windsurfing access, as taxpayers you should all be outraged.

Even though I don't live close enough to sail there I really hope the Navy lives up to it's promises and cleans the place up it would be a beautiful place to sail. Having been in the Navy and knowing how it operates I would say don't hold your breath, be patient and they will get it done eventually. Since when has any government operation gone according to schedule?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9

Jump to: