myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Sebastian Inlet Sailing
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOOD! ... here I push your count over the 60,000 mark by hitting it 25 consecutive times, and you dump on me? How about I talk to one of your other incarnations; some of them are more appreciative.
pueno

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
...repeated non-sense from the swelled heads who post here . . . . Isobars, if you do go through with your promise, don't leave a mess for your wife and others. Stick your head in the toilet and then pull the trigger.

Brucie, is that any way to treat a friend and supporter? Shocked

BTW..... Happy New Year to you and mom. Hope she's doing OK.
GURGLETROUSERS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In accordance with the spirit of this great thread, and our founders wishes for it to be educative, I have found an as yet unexplored use for high volume longboards. That of being a stable platform from which to practice the playing of musical instruments!

I have acquired an old but working set of bagpipes, but under pain of being clouted over the head with frying pan by 'she who must be obeyed', or bitten up thre backside by our idiot enraged dog should I attempt to try them out at home, I've hatched a cunning plan. I shall paddle my Mahalo tandem board out to sea on a calm windless day, and wail away on them, in full view of our local coastguard, to my hearts content. It bwon't improve his view of windsurfers, but that's so poor anyway that it hardly matters!

Should this exercise prove successful I will borrow a kilt and perhaps do a Scottish Reel on deck too. I also have other ploys in the planning stage. I am aware that whales in captivity have had classical music played to them, but failed to respond.It didn't occur to the keepers that they were probably sulking at being confined, and wouldn't play ball! I shall not make that mistake.

With the use of an old rowing boat, and a nailed down old (but in tune) upright piano, I shall row out to sea and play assorted Beethoven Piano Sonatas (the Czerny edited versions, naturally) to the wild Dolphins. It has long been my contention that dolphins exhibit more frienliness and intelligence than many of our fellow humans.

Should they respond favourably I shall write a learned paper on the subject, not forgetting to cite the inspirational leadership of this threads founder. As Holmes said of Watson, it may be that he himself is not luminous, but he is a conductor of light!
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please buy a GOPRO camera and post the video.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
DOOD! ... here I push your count over the 60,000 mark by hitting it 25 consecutive times, and you dump on me? How about I talk to one of your other incarnations; some of them are more appreciative.
How about you just stop talking to yourself when posting?
pueno

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
isobars wrote:
How about you just stop talking to yourself when posting?

Brucie, that's rich!! Don't forget that you often talk to your multiple aliases.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like we are going to see 65K hits here. I'm back in Florida and have already sailed from the causeway NW. I used the Hi Tech board that I shipped down here last fall. It gave me a rather sweet ride. It was low tide, though, and I was sailing sometimes in waters that saw my fin scrape the bottom.
pueno

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sailingjoke wrote:
Looks like we are going to see 65K hits here. I'm back in Florida and have already sailed from the causeway NW. I used the Hi Tech board that I shipped down here last fall. It gave me a rather sweet ride. It was low tide, though, and I was sailing sometimes in waters that saw my fin scrape the bottom.

That's great, Brucie. Glad you're enjoying warm weather. We are, too.

How's mom?

Speaking of this thread, let's shoot for 70k views. I know that if you post some Vero Beach wisdom, maybe some pictures, readership will skyrocket.

Disappointed that you won't answer your email.
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: 65K and counting Reply with quote

Here's a report on the last session I had in the Sebastian area.
>>Yesterday I went windsurfing in the afternoon launching from Wabasso SW. When I arrived the wind was blowing at an expected velocity of 22 mph. and more. I had only taken my N.P. V-8, a 9.0 sq. meter sail with me. That made me reluctant to rig for the session. I discussed it with another sailor who, as usual, tried to discourage me from rigging the 9.0. Nevertheless, I did. It turned out to be the right choice as the winds died once the other fellow entered the water. He did not even leave the shore as he was grossly underpowered. Another sailor had arrived and rigged small. He did better than the first, but he also was sadly underpowered. At first things were not going well with me. I had some trouble dressing and then found the sail had hung up on those infernal posts the state had put in a couple of years ago. This put a small hole in my newest sail. Nevertheless, I put a patch on the hole and things were back to normal. Once on the water I was able to quickly sail upwind and gain some access to the fetch with plenty of room for long reaches to the shallow water at Wabasso SE. The wind was blowing out of the SE. I spent most of the session blasting on the port tack [?] my favored one and sailing upwind on the starboard. However, I was able to get in a few blasts on the Starboard in spite of some trouble entering the back strap. Unfortunately the three cans of beer I drank the night before had a deletarious effect on me which made for a somewhat challenged session. I stayed out for a long time and reached a state of exhaustion which made everything worth the effort.<<
sailingjoe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

300th reply and 30th page, hmmmm. I have to get this in although I left Florida two weeks ago and have been sailing here on Cape Cod.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 30 of 32

Jump to: