myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
LA vs. SF
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
motogon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Qual es su plan? Reply with quote

Briangat wrote:
Buy a cheap trailer and telecommute...
Winter work- Los Barriles
Spring work- San Carlos
Summer work- SF then Gorge
Fall... plane trip?

Anyone have experience in this type of lifestyle?

I'm not young enough or old enough for that , I'm almost 50.
I'm married, with kid... but she is 25 ... but she still lives with us. Rolling Eyes
I'm not rich. My wife said: that's because I spend too much money on windsurfing, windsurfing trips and motorcycles, but she still doesn't kick me out of house.
She agree to go with me, wherever I go, but she doesn't want to live in shack and shop for food in dumpster.

jp5

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starik - you might consider ventura county (Ventura, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks) or western LA country (Calabasas, Agoura Hills). These are beautiful places to live without too much congestion, and close to some pretty decent windsurfing though maybe not as many choices as SF. Technical work can be had in the 101 corridor between Thousand Oaks and West Hills or even in the beautiful San Fernando valley.
theq

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
Starik - you might consider ventura county (Ventura, Camarillo, Thousand Oaks) or western LA country (Calabasas, Agoura Hills). These are beautiful places to live without too much congestion, and close to some pretty decent windsurfing though maybe not as many choices as SF. Technical work can be had in the 101 corridor between Thousand Oaks and West Hills or even in the beautiful San Fernando valley.

Good idea, jpbassking. I even know of a great house for sale in the Agoura Hills area. 2,350 sq. ft., 3-car garage, quiet cul-de-sac, sunset views, ext(p)ensive remodeling, less than 25 minutes from best sailing, a great place to finish a family, motivated seller.
boggsman1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SF, hands down. Live in Marin, as a happy liberal should, drive gas guzzling(I know hypocritical for a liberal) SUV to Tomales Bay in Spring, one of the most beautiful places in the World. Then hit Crissy, and Waddel, also a spectacular site, early Summer. Then in Summer , go to the Delta for 4.0 wind and textbook mini-gorge rollers.
SF is NOT a big city, its a bunch of large towns cobbled together. Im still not sure how Gorge residents make it from Nov-MArch without killing themselves, its about as depressing as it gets.
Boggsman
jp5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
..as a happy liberal should, drive gas guzzling(I know hypocritical for a liberal) SUV ...

Funny thing about liberals... Shocked
isobars

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boggsman1 wrote:
Im still not sure how Gorge residents make it from Nov-MArch without killing themselves, its about as depressing as it gets.

Too bad this year is abnormal. My buds who don't mind water temps under 40 have sailed 3.2s to 4.2s under clear blue skies in air temps in the 50s and 60s 4-5 days this year already. Otherwise, I agree; the central Gorge in winter is a dismal place for those who don't do snow sports. Out east adds 2-3 months of nice weather; March in particular gets nothing but whining from the non-WSers; they've called it the Terminator Wind since the 1940s, when endless hard winds hammered the thousands of workers building Hanford.

We just smile and wish the water would warm up more quickly for us barefooters.

Mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: