myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I got to thinking about some roosters that I'd seen in the past. All of a sudden, it looks like they'd been shocked, then suddenly they appear tweaked, and follow with their characteristic crow. It's almost seems like an electric sort of thing that's programmed.

I think isobars is getting that same sort of shock.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, I've observed that same thing about roosters. Crowing is almost like a convulsion. Or vomiting. Its sure not something they do at will or for pleasure. Maybe its just something that happens when you're a self important chicken.
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No doubt, that the aggro rooster in the hen house seems to be that "self important chicken". Why is that so? Do you think that he thinks he's better than his peers?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
Yeah, I was looking at the NWS marine forecast, but I don't know how those numbers correlate to wind on the beach. Where do you guys sail on storm fronts? I'll be staying close to Cabrillo Beach, but I'm willing to drive. Last year was great at County Line the day after Xmas!

County line was epic for about an hour and a half today. 5.0 small boards up to big board when it dropped. High probability that we will have 1 more good day in the next 4-5 days at county. High correlation to the E. Santa Barbara forecast this time of year.
windoggi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
No doubt, that the aggro rooster in the hen house seems to be that "self important chicken". Why is that so? Do you think that he thinks he's better than his peers?

Its hard to know the motivation of poultry.

jp5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
... which isn't gonna happen 'til Hell -- or Las Vegas -- freezes over....

Las Vegas did freeze over.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speak of the devil, it is cold. Where's Al Gore. He's like a ground hog, he only comes out when it's warm. Bring your warm wetsuit, and plan on clam chowder at Neptunes Net (across the hwy).
capetonian

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
plan on clam chowder at Neptunes Net (across the hwy).

How safe is the food there? Am I more likely to get sick after eating there than sailing after rain at County Line (a la Nealpar's recent comments about the construction above County Line)? Shocked
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't eat the fried food. Otherwise you'll be ok. As for pollution, most of it comes from the creek beds and septic systems. Generally a problem only after a big storm.
theq

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas? Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
kevinkan wrote:
Anybody want to do a wind forecast for LA Xmas?

Piece o' cake:

Extremely crowded, with a 70% chance of liberals and 100% guaranteed hot air. PEP (Perceptible Earthquake Probability) 0.126, BFP (Brush Fire Probability) .027, MSP ( Mud Slide ... are you seeing a pattern here?) .019, Bankruptcy Index 27.6, shorebreak height 11.6 inches, period 45.2 minutes. Whatever does happen, if it isn't Bush's fault, it's San Andreas's or Algore's; it CERTAINLY isn't Obama's. Chance of snow: 78% ... unless they mean the legal kind that falls from the sky, which isn't gonna happen 'til Hell -- or Las Vegas -- freezes over.

Whatever happens ... Merry Christmas.

Mike \m/

There will be few people out on the ocean anywhere, a 30% chance of neocons and 100% cold, calculated, avaricious, self-interest.....
Of course whatever has happened during the tenure of the Bush brain trust, it can't be attributable to his inept handling of virtually everything purely because he's been at the helm since 2000 (The "invisible hand" attached to the man with the invisible brain. The hand bone connected to the brain bone, the brain bone connected to the ass bone, the ass-bone connected to the kook-bone....), but rather the guy who hasn't yet spent a day in office. Makes sense to some who apparently believe that time and opportunity have no meaning in such things.

Merry Merry-making.

theQ
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: