myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
COMMUNIST NOW????????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beallmd wrote:
As Nealpar points out; there could be copyrights issues ....

Not exactly a copyright issue beallmd, unless they also failed to get permission from the artist who rendered the image of Bob Marley. I was referring to using Marley's image in general.

Using Marley's image on windsurf sails may constitute, among others, a violation of the "right of publicity". In California, this tort is recognized both under common law, as well as under statute, in California Civil Code Section 3344(a). Other states may have similar laws.

Disclaimer: The above is not intended to serve as formal legal advice and may not be used as such.

BTW: Sailed county line yesterday and had fun for about an hour on my 5.5 Zone, just enough to burn off two slices of pumpkin pie with cream. The kiters were definitely getting more action.
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK.. sorry about the confusion

NO MAUISAILS......... you r right.. IS HOT MAUI SAILS (is really few deference on the names)

BUT NOW IS CLEAR.

but i only have to say, that is not just because is personal (because yes... i am a fucking survivor of something that no body here have an idea... even if you came from the ex communist country's in east Europe, the Cuba's dictatorship is not for nothing the oldest and successful one in the world, and not because they are nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...and also it seams that no body knows that the Castro's on the 60's they where just like THIS CLOSE to bring the planet to the first fucking nuclear war!!!!.... what the hell else some one need to know??????????????) but beyond that, is because is PAINFUL see how the peoples ignorance reach points really extremes. You know one of my rules?... if i don't know about a subject I SHUT MY F***ING MOUTH.. and listen,and try to learn,and try to get a free of influence point of view. Even more if i guess if is about something that will be directed to the mass.

I DON'T NEED, AND I DON'T WANT.. ANY KIND OF APOLOGIES.... all that i am trying here if to crate a discussion,try to open some eyes!!!!!!.. if i did it.. at least on some buddy here?.. then I am glad.. it meens one less blind about the "idols" like che
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

every bOdy should understand this at once... I ALSO AM AGREE WITH THE FREEDOM TO SPEECH EVEN IF THAT MEENS THAT U WILL PUT A HITLER FACE ON YOUR ASS IF YOU WANT,AND EVEN WHEN I DON'T LIKE AT ALL HITLER,I DO LOVE THAT KIND OF FREEDOM THAT LET YOU DO THAT(like i also will love see your face break in pices if you where one of those.. !hey..is also my freedom no?!

BUT MY POINT IN THIS IS THAT "HOT MAUI SAILS" AS A COMPANY SHOULD NOT ADVERTISE SSOMETHING LIKE THIS,... if some one decide to call hot maui sails and print che or hitler face on theyr sails... ok... no problem (but maybe,if i where the head of hot maui sails, just for respect.. i will say NO, to dose kind of orders) one thing is doing a job, other is assume a position. Thats the different between just do a print of che face (even when still is nasty of you) and other is make CHE GUEVARA... the face of your products...

i just get enough of this... if they don't like it.. so be it!..

PS:the idea of kenny or cartman from south park is awesome!.. but not with this retarders.
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I DARE ANYONE HERE, TO BRING A CONFEDERATE FLAG INTO THE BRONX OR BROOKLYN NEW YORK CITY.... and let see how your free face will look after... ?

I understand every body point of view,and i know all this icons meens deferent things for each others or even nothing,... but you know what?.. is all matter of been ignorants or not in one subject.the confederate flag is not better that che face, is the same shit,or more,because represent DIVISION among ourself and our country that all of you says to love so much,if you love it, you wouln't ever bring a confederate flag. What to see the best proof that is all about how ignorants we may be about the confederate flag or che guevara or any other icon?... I BET THAT NO ONE WILL PUT AN ADOLF HITLER FACE ON HES SAILS... know why????... cuz was so big the evil of hes fame, that one way or another (mostly everybody) knows the pice of shit it was....
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ray, just some reasonable advice for you to think about. My intent is purely advisory, and it's not meant to get under your skin.

I clearly don't want to trivialize what you and your family have been through, but when expressing them publicly, it's important to do it effectively, and I'm not suggesting taking off any edge.

Do think that Josh at Windsurfing magazine, when doing the article on you, would let you use the dose of expletives that you've liberally used here on many of the forum sites? Of course not. Use of expletives reflects on your character. Believe me, there are plenty of strong and effective ways to get you're message across. Certainly, ample words abound, it's just how you put them together and use them.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
... Use of expletives reflects on your character.

No it doesn't. It reflects nothing, other than that armaswindsurf is passionate. It's a cultural thing. It's only off-putting if you're not used to it, i.e. if you grew up in an environment where one doesn't show emotions because it's equated with weakness, or is otherwise deemed inappropriate. Not that way in Cuba...or Central/Eastern Europe, for that matter.

Thus, a "typical American" will most likely SHUT DOWN upon being bombarded with such passion. I myself prefer "passionate and real" to "vacuously civil and phony"! Any day!
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!!.... thank you... and u are right... all the time people confuse what i say with offensive when i guess it is how you say...

that's good, i also prefer been clear and real... at least someone listen instead heard.. wish is different

thank you!!!
swchandler

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nearpar, I have to wholeheartedly disagree.

Believe me, I understand passion and wanting to be frank about things, but have you ever listened to someone that regularly uses expletives in their normal dialog, especially under circumstances where women might involved in the possible discussion? Despite your forward character, do you actually feel all women, or even the majority of men, feel the same? I tend to doubt it. It's really about communication.

Earlier, Ray has put himself forward as a highlighted personality in a national publication, and I think they presented him in a positive way, while still voicing the fact that he "escaped" from a repressive communistic regime. Here in the US, most of us see a dedicated and courageous nature to Ray's goals in wanting to here. In my view, passion is one thing, but how you might express it is another.

Needless to say, if someone prefers to be crude, that's their choice. I'm not going to have anything to do with deleting their posts, but I might chose to comment.
jse

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Armas, Might I suggest you take your complaint right to the top. Hot Sails Maui has a good forum, and you have your choice of two: Freak Out at http://www.hotsailsmaui.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=3 which is a forum for the SuperFreak, which is the sail you are complaining about (actually one of about 500 patterns) or Ask Jeffrey at http://www.hotsailsmaui.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=1 which is where you can ask questions or make comments directly to the owner of the company. I'm sure he would be very sensitive to your position, he seems to be very open to suggestions and he responds to all posts. Keep it civilized tho.

While your at it, for an extra hundred bucks or so, you can have him make a sail for you with any image you want on it. Maybe Che with a circle-slash or JFK or Obama or Winston Churchill. Whatever. They're great sails. I have a quiver of them.

Steve
armaswindsurf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-swchandler-

i know sometimes the words that i could use aren't the right ones,but they arn't enough to get a all picture of me... don't be superficial at the time of judge... we all are more complicate. (I AM NOT TRYING TO EXCUSE MYSELF OR JUSTIFYING,... i also don't have to give explanations of nothing... but i consider POLITE.. try to make clear, a possible misunderstanding about me)

and never think that I assume that just by been on the magazine,or did what i did to escape... or UNFORTUNATELY become "famous" on the windsurf community.. could make me believe myself "the last cocacola of the dessert " .that's so far away from my personality that is even funny.so like that,that i am starting to feel sorry that my story come to public.Maybe is my own mistake.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: