myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
driving to la Ventana - need a ride?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moni

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: driving to la Ventana - need a ride? Reply with quote

I am planning to drive to La Ventana from Sacramento in Late December or early January for some kitesurfing. I'm looking for someone to ride down with me. I plan to stay 2 to 3 weeks. If this fits your schedule send me a message.

Cheers,

moni.samaan@gmail.com
nealpar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I've lived in the big city too long, or have watched too many horror flicks, but I always deem ride sharing offers to be dangerous propositions, both for the offeror and the offeree. Even if you know the person there can be surprises, but imagine not even knowing them and agreeing to ride in a car with them for about 24 hours?

I once shared a ride to PSC with a "friend" who was a fairly big pot head. He promised before the trip that he won't be foolish enough to bring pot into Mexico...that he can be without it for 4 days. Guess what. As soon as we arrived after our 10 hour drive, he lit up. He was grinning ear to ear as he told me not to worry... that he'll use up all of his "stash" before we start our return drive home. GRRREAAAT, I said. We got lucky that we didn't get pulled over during the drive down or back. Imagine what the Mexican cops would have thought if I told them: "hey, that's not my pot, it's his pot".

I congratulate those brave enough to offer and those brave enough to accept such ride sharing situations.
pacspeed

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, when you get there, you might get in a shouting match over a wave, and you'd have to sue them.

OH THE HORROR!
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:
Plus, when you get there, you might get in a shouting match over a wave, and you'd have to sue them.

OH THE HORROR!

Sue them? WTF are you talking about? Oh, are you one of those who doesn't know the difference between criminal prosecution and a private civil suit? Ahh, I see.

But entertaining your idiotic comment for a moment, in Mexico, a less lawful avenue of approach would be chosen. I'll let you figure that one out. As the saying goes..."when in Rome". Did I confuse you now? Are you wondering if Rome is in Mexico? YPF.
theq

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pacspeed wrote:

OH THE HORROR!

That's it, you're a bit bored, so stir the pot down here. Evil or Very Mad

I actually enjoyed NP's rather humorous Mexico story. YPF (BTW: I'm having fun guessing what that acronym stands for. I'm guessing that "Y" is for "you", "P" is for peace, but spelled differently, hmm..the "F", well, what word begins with "F" that is part of most Americans' daily vocabulary?) Hint: "PF" could be what you had with coitus interruptus. I could be wrong though.
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah but since we are all like minded, fun loving, ocean people we're all supposed to be cool...right?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: