myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Stealing from our grandchildren
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Stealing from our grandchildren Reply with quote

I'm tired of the other political rants, so I'll start a new one to tickle the tail of all the so called "conservatives" that still support George Bush.

Did you know that 70% of the national debt was created by just three Republican Presidents--Reagan and the two Bushes?

Did you know that the dow Jones Industrial average during the 20th century rose 7.3%/year under Republican presidents--and 10.3% under Democratic presidents?

George Bush alone has accounted for nearly half the national debt--which will be paid by our grandchildren. For 6 of the 8 years he did that with a Republican Congress, for the last 2, the total amount authorized was essentially what he asked for. Congratulations, GOP, you've mortgaged the future to pay for steak and caviar today!

And finally, lest you think that only us Democrat traitors support Obama, how about William F. Buckley's son Christopher announcing his endorsement of Obama? On the back page of National Review? Reported this morning by Kathleen Parker--another conservative underwhelmed by incontinence and incompetence. Rats fleeing a sinking ship, or real conservatives dismayed at the present direction of the Republican party and its capture by the evangelicals?
csorens

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: HELP!!! Reply with quote

Stop this crap. It's a Windsurfing Website for god's sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's too bad so many Windsurfers are liberals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't worry, the Messiah will fix it all for you, my friend.
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that didn't take long.
gregorvass

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah F.O. !
goinoff

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not another stupid political thread...

try out this site if you want to discuss politics:

http://fray.slate.com/discuss/forums/31971/ShowForum.aspx
swchandler

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just think, only 14 more days until the cover is thrown off at the crossroads. Will fate have us traveling further on the old road that we've been tormented and tested on for nearly 8 years, or a new road going in a different direction that presents unknown challenges and opportunities?

The tension continues to build in the unfolding drama.
FredFX

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler, are unknown challenges and opportunities necessarily good ones?

I hate not being able to vote in this election, seeing as how I'm a republican in California and I at least feel like I can make a difference.
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FredFX,

When striking off on a new road, there are few, if any, guarantees. Because of the serious predicaments we find ourselves today, I'm certain that we as a nation will face adversity and tough choices as things unfold over time, regardless of who wins in the election. Still though, my mind and senses feel the need for fundamental change. However, I'm just one vote. Much is predicated on what the rest of America wants. That's why the suspense and tension hangs so thick until November 4th.

I understand your frustration being too young to vote. I remember quite well how difficult it was when I was unable to vote at 19 in the 1968 national election, particularly since I was subject to the draft and the Vietnam War was raging full tilt at the time.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fredfx, Thank God there are some younguns who want to vote the "right" way. When I was your age I was priveledged to have lunch with Ronald Reagan. He was Governor of the most beautiful state back then. Miles of Orange groves, clean streets, modern highways, good schools, and happier people, even though they had less. (yes less than today, the economy under Carter was horrible)

Reagan was so kind and interested in me. He engaged me in conversation and was respectful, even though I was rough around the edges. I started windsurfing when he was president. Even the wind and surf seemed better "when I was Young" (Animals song)

We need a great leader who believes in Americas self reliant tradition. Not Obama, who has raised 2/3 of a BILLION (campaign $) to sell us on his "change" which has nothing to do with his historical positions in Chicago! Where did all that money come from?

Come on over to Leo. I'll save a wave for any younguns who vote right!

Last edited by MalibuGuru on Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
theq

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
When I was your age I was priveledged to have lunch with Ronald Reagan.

Reagan was so kind and interested in me. He engaged me in conversation and was respectful, even though I was rough around the edges.

Gee, Steve, I didn't know that you were so well-connected. Wink

stevenbard wrote:
Come on over to Leo. I'll save a wave for any younguns who vote right!

We'll believe THAT when we see it. Wink Wink

stevenbard wrote:
We need a great leader who believes in Americas self reliant tradition. Not Obama, who has raised 2/3 of a TRILLION (campaign $) to sell us on his "change" which has nothing to do with his historical positions in Chicago! Where did all that money come from?

Well, I'm pretty sure that the money didn't come from his parents. Obama has the distinction, relative to Bush and McCain, of having worked his own way to the top. I believe that most of Obama's donors have given less than $50 per person. Does that indicate anything to you? The Republicans always talk about America being the land of opportunity. However, when someone who may represent competition to them excels at "the game", they tend to belittle their achievements, as you seem to of Obama's. So far Obama is winning the competition for the hopeful hearts of Americans. I'm sure that you don't have against people who work their own way up the ladder of success? If you don't, you have to admit that Obama is an incredible success. Don't you? If not, what are your criteria for success in America?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: