myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Angry, agressive sailors
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaipal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Please send him up to Waddell this winter. Reply with quote

Send the guy up to us here at Waddell this winter when it is REALLY on. Nature will take care of the rest and set him straight.

Last edited by Jaipal on Sat Sep 20, 2008 9:51 am; edited 1 time in total
tsokat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel sorry for someone who brings that much self absorbed aggression and bad attitude to something so fun and somewhere so beautiful. Shit, half of the fun is hooting when your friends either catch a good wave or get pummelled by one.
galateo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somehow here in the bay area it's the other way around, the toughest the spot is, the friendlier the sailor, I always have a great time at davenport, ocean beach and wadell, but try berkeley or crissy and you get lots of angry faces, i don't even talk about all the gear freaks, those people took the surf out of windsurf, and then they complain about the sport dying.
nealpar

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign we should have at the top of the stairs for the Leo wave-sailing crew. Laughing

dentures.jpg
 Description:
Remove dentures before wave sailing.
 Filesize:  31.64 KB
 Viewed:  10989 Time(s)

dentures.jpg

dabull1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: THE LEGEND OF ANGRY MAN Reply with quote

And the legend of Leo continues... I thought that Angry Man had changed his ways, I've only heard him swearing at the fish of late, and that from the deck of a kiteboard. Very rare indeed to encounter the Leo Legend on a sailboard these days. Spennie, now you know why I'm usually launching when most sailors are leaving. I like to take my slalom boards into the danger zone and get that ski-slope drop feeling as the swell jacks up, but I wait 'til the hardcorps are on the beach laughing at my wave prowess. One of these days I'll go take a clinic or two in San Carlos so I can comeback and show you guys one of those cool down-the -line Goiters that Matt Pritchard nailed for us back in July, on a no wind day yet!!! Until then, my wave riding will be limited to after hours and Maui at Upper Kanaha where there's lots of room to flail! Salt and on the rocks please, Bull
beallmd

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In most places/situations Maui is mellow except Lowers at Kanaha, and apparently sometimes at Hookipa. Only place I've ever been yelled at is Lowers-what is wrong with those people? I've sailed quite a few VERY VERY crowded wave days at Maui Sunset and even then I've always encountered friendly folks. And it does get like the Santa Monica freeway when it goes off.
theq

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
I say we find out who it is, and give him a group hug. It could have been screaming therapy prescribed by his doctor. Sometimes with the group hug you can get a guy like that to cry and let it all out.

I have to hand it to you for that one... Laughing Laughing Laughing

Where is Arthur Janov when we need him?
theq

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tsokat wrote:
Shit, half of the fun is hooting when your friends either catch a good wave or get pummelled by one.

You guys are in rare form today. You're not supposed to admit that you like to see your friends get pummeled. It thought that it was only my "friends" that enjoyed that stuff.
WindSapien

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey "SPENNIE" or "Wind-Junky" You might take some of your own advice. You are as guilty as the next guy when it comes to being rude and inconsiderate on the water. You cut me off more than once at Isabella. Turning in front of me and others on the inside multiple times until I yelled at you to knock it off. You don't bother to look before you jibe. And what is this crap posting on site reports when you aren't even here at the lake? I know you are a legend in your own mind but not all of us up here at the lake enjoy your behavior on or off the water. WS
gregorvass

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Re: Angry, agressive sailors Reply with quote

There's a guy slogging around in the lineup, but I'm CLEARLY on the wave first and farther back, so I stay put. When the wave finally catches up to him, he cuts back right under me and SCREAMS "Get the FUCK off my wave!!!", with his face screwed up into an incredible snarl. Since I'm not the kind of guy who gets into fistfights over waves, and this guy is (I'm witholding his name, Leo sailors will know who I'm referring to), I hit the brakes and backed out.

Real Easy: Don't shoulder hop with your 10 foot race board into the line up! What a KOOK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: