myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
MORE MINDLESS CRAP!!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seyfo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:
It has been freezing accross the globe. Snow in NW, Rockies, China and Australia. Water at leo never got above 68 degrees this summer. Very early winter and this is one example.

http://www.adn.com/life/story/473786.html

I am from the NW and it usually snows there except for the temperamental rainforests around Seattle-Vancouver area.

What is unusual in the NW weather these days is the volume of the rain. The frequency, and total rainfall has increased dramatically in the last few years. My windsurfing buddies in that area did not have much this summer. All they have left is the winter storms.
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marine forecast & tides
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marine weather index

Water temperatures
Location Temp.
Santa Monica, CA 70.0°
Los Angeles, CA 66.0°
La Jolla, CA 71.1°
San Diego, CA 72.0°
Port San Luis, CA 62.1°

Forecast as of 8:33 am PDT on September 1, 2008

including The Channel islands National marine Sanctuary...
at 15z...or 8 am PDT...a 1029 mb high was located 950 nm NW of Point
Conception...with a 1001 mb low near Las Vegas. For the outer waters
expect weak to moderate NW flow through Wed...with weak onshore
flow across the inner waters through the same period.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
gregorvass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never seen anything under 1032mbar produce anything worth.
mnisam

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MAC's right on.....

Bottom line = VP candidate Sarah Palin Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil is full of crap...

Not believing in man's contribution to Global Warming is = to her blief in Creationism, and hence presumably non-acceptance of other science.

hate to touch politics to wind, but there IS a connection .... more of Palin-McBushPain's Evil or Very Mad policies will further mess up our wind-water environments....
seyfo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnisam wrote:
MAC's right on.....

Bottom line = VP candidate Sarah Palin Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil is full of crap...

Not believing in man's contribution to Global Warming is = to her blief in Creationism, and hence presumably non-acceptance of other science.

hate to touch politics to wind, but there IS a connection .... more of Palin-McBushPain's Evil or Very Mad policies will further mess up our wind-water environments....

There is only one person in this forum who believes that Global warming

is crap. He-who-shall-remain-nameless will surely reply to your comment

with more GOP propoganda.

What he is going to say is, " I can do whatever I want it has no bearing on

Global warming", "it's a free country ain't it" and "big gommit sucks". He

will give some links to paid scientists research, and then take the

discussion personal..

Now let's have a huge round of applause for our very own ..... so come on

to the stage and rip one on everyone slightly left of Charlton Heston.

Come on ..., don't be shy you...step out outside of your trailer in the

Gorge and rip a new one to these tree hugging, commie,

big-gommit-loving lefties..
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be surprised if such bait will work, but that's only because I think sticking one's neck out would be totally futile.

In my opinion, sticking to windsurfing topics is a more pragmatic lure for the best possible outcome, but that's because many find the political stuff to be a poor topic.

Needless to say, I like to dice it up a bit, but that's just me. As many of you all know, I'm not too bashful for a little interesting theater, especially in light of the lack of any reasonable wind in SoCal.
gregorvass

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anyone ever heard of methane.... I don't mean after Mexican Food?
keycocker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hope is based on the fact that wind is powered by heat.That is why we have a lot more hurricanes on Caye Caulker. The Caribean is hotter these days for whatever reason.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Global Warming Myth Reply with quote

There is more than one person on this forum who does not believe that global warming is anywhere near proven, especially proven to be a result of mankind.

When I was in grade-school and junior high they were predicting that we were on our way to another ice age. If there is global warming by mankind, maybe we saved ourselves. Very Happy

On the other hand the models being used indicating global warming do not take into account water vapor which is a bigger constituent of air than Carbon Dioxide. They are not much different than our weather modeling which if you take note, is rarely accurate five days out. And they are trying to predict a century ahead.

The earth has supposedly been cooling for the last nine years and the model did not predict that. The glaciers are growing in size on Mt. Shasta. The highest tides on a calm day comes up to ths same place on the rocks below O'Neill's house that it always has in the last thirty years.

There are people in the Global Warming business all set to make a ton of money it they can sell everyone on it, especially the government. Al Gore drove up in limosines to the affair he asked everyone else to bike to or take public transportation. The chauffers kept the air-conditioning on all during his speech so the vehicles would be cool for he and his family when they returned to depart.

Windward1
ikrtolica

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mental giants of the iWindsurf message boards flex their brain muscles once again! This should be entertaining for like, five seconds...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 2 of 39

Jump to: