myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nealpar - Lucoff altercation
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andydavis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has gone too far...I'm suing! Razz
alexw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks rowena,

I've been sailing Secos (AKA: Leo) for 25 years, since Rich Myers and J. Riddle first "discovered" it. I've talked with Lukoff on a few occasions during these years (since Natural Progression) and just don't see it -- He's a nice guy as far as I know.

As far as a lawsuit over a beach altercation -- what a KOOK! In all these years I've never heard of such a thing.
Billyptres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:12 pm    Post subject: My post Reply with quote

Here is what is probably going to happen next. Apparently some of the idiots at the beach dont realize that we (windsurfers, and now kiters) have always been on shallow ground as far as having permission by the Parks Department to rig and sail at Leo Carrillo State Beach. I guess there is a new person in charge and there is a good chance we will all be banned because this altercation and Erica's potential lawsuit is the first thing she was hit with upon taking office. I think she doesnt want her precious manpower resources diverted and who could blame her.We have no "right" to sail there but as long as we play nice and don't run over a surfer or swimmer, they let us sail at what is really the only good sideshore launch for miles. So Erica, if all of us are now banned from Leo, we have you to thank.

Erica, I am sorry but you need take a deep breath and drop charges. You say it grew physical that day, but how bad could it be since you were surfing two days later? Since Terry can barely hear, and wears a hearing aid, he might have been yelling to hear himself speak. Erica, he weighs less than you do. I would hope that the charges are dropped, if it gets that far. I have three attorneys who would lay waste to this case. This is embarrassing to us all; we look like kooks. I dont know you very well but I do know you are aggressive out there, (for a man or woman) and I've heard you scream at people on the water in the past. That is the way you roll, we all know it, and personally I dont care, in fact sometimes I get a chuckle at how serious you are out there. In my experience of knowing Lucoff for 18 years he is one of the kindest, gentlest souls at Leo. So whatever you guys did out on the little rollers waves, there is no way that this wave rage, (which happens in any shared surf spot on both coasts), couldn't have been worked out through a little better communication between you two. Bringing charges and threatening to sue anyone who disagrees with you gives all lawyers a bad name. If you respect your profession, and your fellow sailors, then don't continue the behavior that we all expect, and some fear, from lawyers.

BTW, if anyone wants to drive to Sycamore Canyon and plead our case for windsurfing and kiting with the new supervisor who is in charge of Leo, feel free.
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: Swallow your pride and let it go. Reply with quote

Nealpar - I will buy you a bottle of your favorite Vodka if you just let this thing slide.

Please??

Last edited by jp5 on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
rowena

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Yo! Reply with quote

Hi Everybody,

I swore I'd stay out of this thing, but I wanted to add that as I'm writing this Steve Bard is up at Sycamore Canyon pleading to the new supervisor to allow us to continue kiting and windsurfing at Leo, despite this lawsuit. I do wonder about the hearts of some people who write such horrible stuff about people including Steve. He's always been very kind to me and I know that if I broke down out there, he would be the first to help me. He has a funny sense of humor, and is opinionated, but so are many of us.

I don't surf the waves...growing up in So Cal, I saw knife-fights at Huntington Beach as a kid, fist-fights in Santa Barbara over waves in the 70s, seen lots of fights in Maui. So fighting happens all over, not just at Leo. Surfing, kiting, windsurfing are all aggressive sports and so that aggression has to go somewhere I guess.

In fact, most of my friends from UCSB simply gave up surfing altogether and took up SCUBA because the fighting was so bad up there. So thinking altercations just happen at Leo is placing those blinders firmly on. My desire is to be at peace in the ocean, and that's impossible while jockeying for position at Leo and getting yelled at!

Peace out.... Laughing Shocked Laughing
Billyptres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: vodka Reply with quote

Best idea yet if one of them had walked up and handed the other a beer ...maybe we need to start bringing booze Smile Very Happy
nealpar

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you all talk to the other party in this incident and get the facts. I believe he would like to talk.

JP, there are many misconceptions here about what ACTUALLY happened, and what happens next, procedurally speaking. I will not talk about it specifically, and it's not in my hands.

All I can say is that no matter what is the outcome of this incident, I cannot, will not, and should not ever have to tolerate this kind of conduct, nor should anyone else. A line was crossed which should never have been crossed. If it ever happens again, you can rest assured that the same procedure will be followed. It has to be. We live in a society of law and order and one should not have to bow to peer pressure, threats, intimidation or bullying. That's contrary to everything I believe in.

You all can play the blame game, but if this incident has any consequences at Leo Carrillo generally, you have only the divisive tactics of certain individuals to blame. The lifeguards have gotten an earfull of whining over the years. Anything can happen at this point. If nothing happens, good. However, this incident may not repeat with me or anyone else!!!
wndsrfrmn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happened??

Last edited by wndsrfrmn on Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:40 am; edited 1 time in total
andydavis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, for the benefit of people in Northern California...what did happen?
jp5

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nealpar;

I don't know who's right or who's wrong but this negative publicity will get us all banned from Leo. Stand your ground if you must but everyone will be affected by the course of your action.

All you have to do is say "I do not wish to press charges at this time". Life goes on.

Think about it.

JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: