myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
Nealpar - Lucoff altercation
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billyptres

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Nealpar - Lucoff altercation Reply with quote

I was there sailing with both people on Friday but did not see the altercation.
Summary judgment will most likely throw out this case as it seems to exist on a "he said/she said basis" and no one was hurt. (Yes I saw Nealpar surfing yesterday so I guess the injury was more emotional. ) That said Lucoff will have to hire an attorney ($igh...), Nealpar will most likely act as her own ($). Hard to believe all of this negative energy (over a small wave!) is being brought to a place that everyone supposedly holds dear. What happened to a simple act of kindness? Why anyone would get aggro on the wimpy waves at Leo is beyond me, this is not a life or death wave spot. If you think you are a great wavesailor, you should probably rent a big-wave DVD or go to Hookipa. Fighting and swearing at each other on the water over a 2-4 foot swell is childish.

The best thing any of us can do to insure a appropriate outcome is write a declaration letter for either Terry or Nealpar. These letters should be given to the respective parties, or their attorneys, and will be read by a judge. The more information that comes out the better. They just need to be 100% truthful and can at least give one the chance to have some say in this matter and avoid being potentially subpoenaed and dragged into this growing mess. Even if you only know the character of the individuals, their habits, and history at the beach you can weigh in with a written declaration. You can also write about the nature of windsurfing itself and the fact that the possibility of collision, breakdown and other calamities is part of the sport.
People are often afraid of the law because they don't understand it, and unfortunately, lawyers use that fear to bully their way through others’ lives.
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how soon before the guards move the buoy's down wind and eliminate wave sailing all together?
laci

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly happened? I don't see any other posts describing an incident, if indeed there was an incident to describe. Not having been there I am curious as to the facts.

Correction: I have now read in the "kiting at Leo" thread that there are references to this alleged incident, although no description of what supposedly happened. I repeat, What is going on down there?
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a "I like the smell of napalm in the morning" kind of week down here. It's not the size of the wave that scares everyone down here. It's the size of the $$#%$, that is scaring everyone.

You guys up north know what happened to Matthew Mconaughy paparazzi here a few weeks back. Come on down for a sail so you can be beaaaach slapped too. Embarassed

This is definitely going to be in my book.
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: facts please Reply with quote

Point of correction, the "heart to heart" conversation took place Thursday afternoon 7/31.
nealpar

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Nealpar - Lucoff altercation Reply with quote

Billyptres wrote:
What happened to a simple act of kindness? Why anyone would get aggro on the wimpy waves at Leo is beyond me, this is not a life or death wave spot.

Those words say it all Billy. However, the devil is in the details as they say. In a while, I will be happy to disclose every detail of the event. If people are willing to perjure themselves in order to push some kind of personal agenda, well so be it. However, they may also have to deal with the consequences of such an act.

Let me also dispense with some MAJOR MISCONCEPTIONS HERE about the lawyer issue. This matter is not a civil matter, therefore it is entirely out of my hands, and I will not be "representing myself". That's not how it works in criminal matters. I was within my civil rights to call 911 and to seek help. I guess you would have preferred that I didn't, but excuse me for protecting myself as a woman, since none of you but for one (and I am grateful to that person) physically saved me.

I'm done talking about this. Bye Bye.
swchandler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nealpar, is this a nasty battleground, or war, that needs to happen?

Being in the surf has always presented complex problems, and simply because an individual's actions are difficult out in the water, we all have to realistically ask ourselves about the actual circumstances and affects involved.

Are you impeccable here in all this? And most importantly, is the male/female thing at stake here.

Surfing, windsurfing and kiting are predominantly male sports that include all that truly means in so many respects. It's an arena really, and that's the way it's been for untold years. Being a woman and trying to introduce standards that might apply in a relationship are completely off target from my point of view, and maybe you might want to think about that.

We're not at the dance here hoping for something more in the long run.

If I were you, I would abandon your strong legal push here in the negative direction, as it only hurts Leo, and those folks sailing and kiting there. From what I understand, you didn't suffer any real physical damage from whatever happened, but speaking from what I've learned here. The actual facts aren't clear.

You need to be forthright and candid about things, and offer the true facts. That might not leverage your legal goals here, but why not be honest about your intentions and the real circumstances involved?

As we all know, we're in public here, and life does always includes some theater. But, please don't be shy.

What's up?

Last edited by swchandler on Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
dabull1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: It's getting deep folks! Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
So how soon before the guards move the buoy's down wind and eliminate wave sailing all together?
SOON I HOPE SO ALL THE BABIES INVOLVED WILL HAVE TO FIND A NEW CRIB TO PLAY IN. NP you're sounding like a helpless, weak female who needs a man's protection, which we all know is not the case. May I remind you that you and Terry are about the same physical size and you're at least 20 years younger. If you were afraid of bodily harm, follow a man's sage advice... RUN!!! Bull
rowena

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: oops Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Crying or Very sad Rolling Eyes Twisted Evil Embarassed Idea

Last edited by rowena on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Billyptres

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: OOPS Reply with quote

I moved my post to below...

Last edited by Billyptres on Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Politics, Off-Topic, Opinions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 1 of 21

Jump to: