myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
How dangerous is a kiter upwind?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamD0g

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think kiters should avoid pinching up wind of windsurfers for their own good. If they have to dip the kite or the kite dips itself the lines will hit the top of the mast and the kiter will crash pretty hard. I have had this happen and the kiter had the nerve to cuss ME out. I laughed. He didn't. Oh well.
fly50

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK Flyskisindsurf now it is time for school for you.

1 Either you are the same person as Isobars or you guys are mutual admirers. Picked on as children, few friends, etc.

2 Writing in all capitals implies that you are shrieking like a little child.

3 My name is John Sullins. I kite at the sandbar, I windsurf at the Hatch. I am there multiple times a week. I live on 8th street across from the children's park. Introduce yourself next time you see me. I was an all SEC linebacker at the Univ of AL in 1992. The only person I have ever beat up was a bully.

4 Are you and isobars bullies?
isobars

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Kite lines Reply with quote

svance wrote:
when a kiter has passed close by me they have been extremely careful and never hit me or my equipment. Out of years of sailing with kiters I can honestly say that most kiters are very competent and considerate to windsurfers.

Ditto. I've seen one criminal kiter on the water and one kiter who apparently wanted me to jump in the water to let him by. I didn't, so he bore off a few degrees and we both went on our merry way. OTOH, I've had dozens of WSers pass by way too close for safety out of sheer stupidity, and several WSers get dangerously, deliberately aggressive.

Mike \m/
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly50 wrote:
OK Flyskisindsurf now it is time for school for you.

1 Either you are the same person as Isobars or you guys are mutual admirers. Picked on as children, few friends, etc.

Ummm.... wow. Are you a psychologist, psychiatrist, or some other mental health expert? I obviously have NOT been on this site very long. Isobars and I have had some differences on some issues in the short time that I have been on this site but as far as windsurfing, as well as MORE than a FEW other issues, Isobars DOES seem to know QUITE a bit and he APPEARS to have had quite a few RELEVANT experiences in his life. He has USUALLY been able to back up most, if not all, of what little I have seen him state with at least SOME documentation.
fly50 wrote:
2 Writing in all capitals implies that you are shrieking like a little child.

Umm.... where exactly have I written in ALL caps? I DO capitalize some words in some sentences for MY "emphasis" on those words. In my mind, I am TRYING to type "sort of" as I would "talk". Trying to express in writing, as one would in talking, is OBVIOUSLY quite difficult though. I suppose I COULD bold or italicize these words for you instead in order to assuage your obvious "sensitive sensibilities". For me, it is just a little "easier" to hit the Caps Lock key for a word or two or three rather than highlight the word(s) for a bold, etc. The later is TMW!
fly50 wrote:
3 My name is John Sullins. I kite at the sandbar, I windsurf at the Hatch. I am there multiple times a week. I live on 8th street across from the children's park. Introduce yourself next time you see me. I was an all SEC linebacker at the Univ of AL in 1992. The only person I have ever beat up was a bully.

I suppose I could stoop to your level and mention something about you living "across from the children's park", especially with at least one of your favorite quotes seeming to be "time for school for you". But I won't. Smile Congratulations on AL and all of that. So when did you graduate from AL?
fly50 wrote:
4 Are you and isobars bullies?

Hmmm... I don't believe Isobars is a bully but I can probably only really speak for myself. I would definitely not call me a bully. I believe most people I know or meet believe I am a pretty nice guy. I am generally "somewhat laid back" and it generally does take quite a bit to get me really mad. Of course, if I finally do get really mad, I can be really mad for quite some time. Surprised Not that I am a psychiatrist or anything like that but you, on the other hand, seem to be mad (or easily made mad) pretty much a lot of the time. So, OTOH, have YOU "looked in the mirror" recently?

Last edited by flyskiwindsurf on Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
fly50

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A+ in verbosity. Just trying to be helpful. I look forward to meeting you some day. Im sure you arent a bully. Be safe and have fun out there. Blog like the wind!

John Very Happy
flyskiwindsurf

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fly50 wrote:
A+ in verbosity. Just trying to be helpful. I look forward to meeting you some day. Im sure you arent a bully. Be safe and have fun out there. Blog like the wind!

John Very Happy

Surprised Smile Rolling Eyes
windoggi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do try to keep up, but what does OTOH stand for? Out The Out Hole? Outside The Okie Hangout? On The Other Hand? Thats It! On The Other Hand!

Never mind.

andymc4610

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roll Tide. Very Happy
fly50

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hell yeah!
h2olm

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey fly5o, so were you on the last National Championship for the Bama? That's awesome! ROLL TIDE, ROLL!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Northwest USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: