myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
it's never too late. if u cant beat them join them leo crew
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisino

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject: it's never too late. if u cant beat them join them leo crew Reply with quote

to all windsurfers, it's year 2008 so get with the times. they have a new water sport called kitesurfing. it's never too late to learn a new water sport. the sport is growing faster than any other water sport. we live in a perfect spot for kitesurfing. if you live in the la or malibu area the opportunity is there for anyone that really wants to do it. instead of sitting on the beach(or steps) dreaming, wishing , complaining, it's never too late to have more fun.
we only live once so make the best of it. smile and be happy to all. kitesurfers and windsurfer need to be respectful to each other. just because there are 30-kites to 1 windsurfer basically you are out numbered and the numbers are growing everyday. people come from all over to kite leo and we have no control over the idiots but we try. there is an issue with the windsurfers that really cant kite so all they do is complain. the equipment is changing which makes it much easier to learn how to kite. try naish or best for best kiting results. it's a great experience to try something new. so do it!!! as i'm in the water almost everyday looking at you on the steps i feel sorry for you and dont understand it. you all have talent and ability to expand your mind, water time and your muscles. more water time everyday not sitting on the step watching. good luck and see you out there.
manolis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, that was so eloquently put. What about surfing? there's always water, right?

Or are windsurfers so wound up in waiting for wind that we can't do anything else in the meantime?
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the lure, but no thanks. Sometimes life's meaning is in the details, and kiting's details are less than appealing to me. Really, I like to stick with the stuff I like, and be doomed to the right time to go for it. Quite honestly, I hate lines, and kiting is a lot about lines. Each to their own.
scottyscott

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey shwadlater, dude you need to yake the boom out your but man, all sisino is tryin to do is spread the love so dude dont hate... btw since your gonna be sitting on the steps so much a mind fixen them???? oh ya and one more thing... dont get mad when you b line straight at us and we jump over your asses either cause when in split secon situation the best way is up... but yeah you prolly dont know nothin bout that either hahah sucks for you late!!!!
nealpar

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottyscott wrote:
hey shwadlater, dude you need to yake the boom out your but man, all sisino is tryin to do is spread the love so dude dont hate... btw since your gonna be sitting on the steps so much a mind fixen them???? oh ya and one more thing... dont get mad when you b line straight at us and we jump over your asses either cause when in split secon situation the best way is up... but yeah you prolly dont know nothin bout that either hahah sucks for you late!!!!

No need for that scottyscott. The ones that are interested will learn to kite, the ones that couldn't care less, won't. No need to call names or disrespect. From what I'm told by kiters who used to windsurf, it's MUCH MORE DIFFICULT to windsurf than to kitesurf.

PS: From what I've observed, only about 3 out of a 100 kiters over there could actually pull off the jump over a windsurfer stunt. And two of them are going on their second knee surgery. The rest just cruise back and forth, like a waterskier.
swchandler

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was scottyscot, I'd be a bit embarrassed by the last post, as his mastery of the English language is easily weak at best. Did you graduate from high school?

I have nothing against kiters, because many of my long term friends are now kiters, and really, I have an interesting time mixing it up with some of them. Having reasonable fun is a good balance for all.

I think that some you all or nothing kiters can be a bit trying. Really, you're not that cool. No doubt, that if folks are more attracted to kiting, they should go for it. But you must accept, that some of us dedicated windsurfers don't really see your picture.

Pretty simple dude. You don't need to get too divisive and weird.
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorge, thanks for the invite. Those kiters are gonna love it when I'm on my 16 meter kite in 25 knots of wind, hucking over their heads.
Anyway I just got back from Cabrillo where there were at least 150 windsurfers on the beach. Nobody was sad, no one to feel sorry for. There were actually 6 guys, including my son on the water. The rest had SUP races and caught up with old friends. How many kites were on the water today? Generally none at Cabrillo.
It's not about showing off, it's about having a good time.
sisino

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of you got the point and some will never get the point. any day is a good day if u are in the water. it doesnt matter if you are pole dancing, kite dancing, tow dancing or any water sport were you get we.t you just need to have fun and have a release and get your heart pumping. the faster your heart beats the younger you will feel. us older guys need to have our heart pumping fast because we dont have much time left. so we should all make the best of it and get along no matter which water sport we chose. go big or go home!!!
tsokat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Poor, Poor Pitiful Me Reply with quote

I'd lay my head on the railroad tracks
And wait for the Double "E"
But the railroad don't run no more
Poor, poor pitiful me

Poor, poor pitiful me
Poor, poor pitiful me
These young girls won't let me be
Lord have mercy on me
Woe is me

Well, I met a girl in West Hollywood
I ain't naming names
She really worked me over good
She was just like Jesse James
She really worked me over good
She was a credit to her gender
She put me through some changes, Lord
Sort of like a Waring blender

Poor, poor pitiful me
Poor, poor pitiful me
Lord have mercy on me
Woe is me

Well, I met a girl at the Rainbow bar
She asked me if I'd beat her
She took me back to the Hyatt House
I don't want to talk about it

Poor, poor pitiful me
Poor, poor pitiful me
Lord have mercy on me
Woe is me

(Well, I met a girl from the Vieux Carre`
Down in Yokahama
She picked me up and she throwed me down
I said, "Please don't hurt me, Mama")

Warren Zevon
jp5

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a great song! But, it doesn't inspire me to try kiting. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: