myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Windsurfing Videos Buy and Sell Services
 
Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
beginner lookin for buddy on LI NY

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
predator



Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: beginner lookin for buddy on LI NY Reply with quote

hey I am beginner windsurfer looking to not be out there alone. Anyone in the area of Nassau county LI that wants a buddy for the summer?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRuffus



Joined: 17 Apr 2001
Posts: 293

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I know this guy Florian I am sure he will post up here he read this he is a beginner too he could join you in LI...Florian, you out there Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feuser



Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 1394

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRuffus wrote:
yeah I know this guy Florian I am sure he will post up here he read this he is a beginner too he could join you in LI...Florian, you out there Laughing


Here I am!
Laughing

Predator, where are you looking to sail? I know this lovely place called Hecksher State Park. It's pretty beginner-friendly on most days, I.e. flat shallow water.

Just follow the Southern State Parkway to the end. The launch is at field 6, I believe.

The best part is - no kitesurfers allowed!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy

_________________
florian - ny22

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PeconicPuffin



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1207

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's field 7, actually. You'll see a bunch of windsurfing vans/cars etc parked by the water.

feuser wrote:
JRuffus wrote:
yeah I know this guy Florian I am sure he will post up here he read this he is a beginner too he could join you in LI...Florian, you out there Laughing


Here I am!
Laughing

Predator, where are you looking to sail? I know this lovely place called Hecksher State Park. It's pretty beginner-friendly on most days, I.e. flat shallow water.

Just follow the Southern State Parkway to the end. The launch is at field 6, I believe.

The best part is - no kitesurfers allowed!
Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Very Happy

_________________
Michael
http://www.peconicpuffin.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
JRuffus



Joined: 17 Apr 2001
Posts: 293

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no Kitesurfers? dude kitesurfers is so 2002...its kiteBOARDERS dude ha ha..thats like no sailboards.

friggin dry spell up here, been 11 days since my last fix, i am getting punchy- Evil or Very Mad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
predator



Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so you interested in meeting up or what
heckscher did look pretty sweet. were you at the windurf festival this past weekend?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feuser



Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 1394

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

predator wrote:
so you interested in meeting up or what
heckscher did look pretty sweet. were you at the windurf festival this past weekend?


Yup, I was there. I even raced and came in like 1000th.
Should have brought a board that floats in under 7 knots...

Rolling Eyes

When you have sailed Hecksher for a while (and not skipped your swimming lessons like a few certain others) you should try the ocean. It's beautiful around here.

_________________
florian - ny22

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
feuser



Joined: 29 Oct 2002
Posts: 1394

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

Yes Mary Poppins, KiteBOARDers it is.
BTW, Next time you show up around here, bring that directional and do some kiteSURFing!


Laughing

_________________
florian - ny22

http://www.windsurfing.kasail.com/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Eastern and Central USA & Canada All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum

myiW | Weather | Community | Membership | Support | Log in
like us on facebook
© Copyright 1999-2007 WeatherFlow, Inc Contact Us Ad Marketplace

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group