myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
TWO STEPS BACK HERE IN LA - TIMES ARE TOUGH!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nealpar

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pthorner wrote:
...He knew that I had no idea it was back there and he could have pocketed it. He came out front and gave it to me instead.Peter

So he knew that you didn't know the coin was back there? Rolling Eyes

As I've stated before, don't go feeling sorry for illegal immigrants. They are MUCH SAVVIER than most of you white-bread Americans are, and play the system to their advantage. They come or stay here illlegally, thereby thumbing their nose at our laws. They work under the table without paying taxes. They produce offspring immediately, in order to be able to (try to) argue "family hardship" in the event they might face deportation one day. (how many of these stories do you hear almost on a daily basis: My kids are US citizens and are attending school here, etc... blah blah blah) They fly under the radar and are often judgment proof in a civil suit. (i.e. they have no assets from which victims can collect) They work illegally, but they will take advantage of our employment laws and sue employers who dare take advantage of their "illegality". (on this issue, I am not siding with the employers...I'm just making a point about how illegals know how to play the system) and on and on.......

Granted, illegals of all ethnicities have been known to take advantage of the system. The more sophisticated ones commit welfare or insurance fraud or engage in creative credit or bank fraud schemes.

I guess the greater point is that the entire system is broken, and you Americans are asleep at the wheel.

Back to work.
theq

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jpbassking wrote:
With your luck Q-man you'd step in it and track it into your car before anybody would lay in it. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Obviously, you've never been to Vegas with me. Actually, I've never been to Vegas with me. The racetrack...well...luck has little to do with my record there. It's been years since I've done any handicapping though.
Cool
MalibuGuru

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut and paste gotta love it!

1. It is NOT racist to call these people "illegal aliens" In fact, "illegal aliens" is the only term used in federal laws and regulations to describe criminals (and they ARE criminals) who come into our country illegally. They are not illegal immigrants, not undocumented immigrants, not migrant workers, and not day laborers - they're ILLEGAL ALIENS.

2. Mexico is NOT a poor country. By sending its teeming masses to our country, that status keeps on rising. Mexico has more resources per square mile than the U.S. and plenty of money to take care of its own people. Why should the taxpayers of this country subsidize Mexico's corruption?

3. Illegal aliens are NOT necessarily coming here to work. Lou Dobbs recently reported that 33 percent of our prison population is now comprised of non-citizens. Plus, 36 to 42 percent of illegal aliens are on welfare. So, for a good proportion of these people, the American dream is crime and welfare, not coming here to work.

4. Illegal aliens are NOT doing work Americans won't do. What jobs won't Americans do? In most states, Americans still clean their own houses, do their own landscaping, clean hotel rooms, work in restaurants and fast food places, paint houses, DO CONSTRUCTION WORK, work in airports, etc. - just like we have the past 200 years before "our" government allowed these people to invade our country. There are 18 million Americans who cannot find a job, so illegal aliens who are coming here to work do so at peril to American workers.

5. Illegal aliens absolutely do not contribute more than they cost. Certainly the millions in prison and on welfare aren't contributing a dime to our economy, and the ones who are working often are paid in cash with no deductions for taxes at all. The ones who use fraudulent social security numbers and qualify to pay taxes and social security have so many deductions for dependents that they pay little if any taxes. We have seen them pay less than $100 in taxes and get back $4,000 refunds (thanks to earned income tax credits and multiple dependents).Some bargain, eh?

6. The economy does NOT depend on illegal aliens. Sure, greedy CEOs (making $50 to $150 MILLION a year) and business owners depend on illegal aliens, but due to #3, #4 and #5 above, the only thing illegal aliens are contributing to is the collapse of our economy and making the rich richer.

7. Without illegal aliens, the price of agricultural products and other goods and services will NOT soar. The definitive study on this subject is the University of Iowa's "How Much Is That Tomato?" The study concludes that 'since labor is such a small component of the end-price of agricultural products (which includes price to the growers, transportation costs, processing /storage costs, grocers' profit, etc.), using minimum wage workers instead of illegal aliens would increase prices of agricultural products by approximately 3 percent in the summer and 4 percent in the winter ... hardly the making of $10 heads of lettuce, $25 hamburgers, $1,000 per night Days Inn hotel rooms like the pro-illegal alien lobby claims.

8. Consumers are NOT benefiting from lower labor costs. Again, it's CEOs and business owners who benefit from taxpayer subsidies for their illegal alien workers. The Big Three automakers say they moved so many jobs to Mexico because their labor costs are 80 percent less than in America. Anybody notice the price of new cars spiraling downward under NAFTA?

So, before you believe the prevalent pack of lies perpetuated by the illegal alien lobby, which makes billions off this government-sanctioned criminal activity, ask yourself who's saying this garbage and look at what they have to gain. Citizens Against Illegal Immigration, just like Protect Arizona NOW, is an all-volunteer, totally grass-roots organization of citizens who are making nothing and have nothing personal to gain from their efforts to fight this corruption. Whose side are you on, and what are YOU doing to save your state and country from this evil?
windoggi

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

isobars wrote:
pthorner wrote:
I' d gladly trade my catalytic converter for ... an exemption from my share of the Iraq war debt.

Then we balance one another.
I'd gladly contribute MORE to it, if that's what it takes to keep terrorism and our war against it on their turf (Iraq was the only nation I can think of which in 2002 was an avowed state sponsor of global terrorism). Such a deal, that others give their lives and careers to protect those who merely reap the benefit.

\m/

State sponsor of global terrorism...I remember Scott McClellan mentioning that a few times.

theq

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nealpar wrote:

....and you Americans are asleep at the wheel.

Back to work.

I'm not sure of that. It may be that we just can't find the frickin' wheel. Or, maybe the wheel-lock is stuck? Have you ever tried steering a car with just the threaded stud, with the wheel missing? It has similarities to our present societal/governmental situation. Speaking of steering wheels; One thing that this forum doesn't have is a shortage of air-bags. Razz Hey, people steal those too. We should be so lucky. Razz
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevenbard wrote:

6. The economy does NOT depend on illegal aliens.

7. Without illegal aliens, the price of agricultural products and other goods and services will NOT soar. The definitive study on this subject is the University of Iowa's "How Much Is That Tomato?" The study concludes that 'since labor is such a small component of the end-price of agricultural products

I would have bought those statement at face value before I consulted an expert in the impact of illegal alien labor in industry in the north Texs/western Oklahoma/western Arkansas region a few months ago. This fellow is a corporate broker (he buys and sells mid-sized corporations as a broker) recognized years ago in the WSJ as a leader in his field (he used to do this nationwide but cut his scope to reacquaint himself with his family); his responsibilities include learning every facet of each corporation, advising CEOs on how to maximize profits, whether and how to market and sell, where their shortcomings are, and much more. He has huge files on each of a thousand such corporations at his fingertips at any moment, and knows their CEOs personally. IOW, he has credibility on the street. I've also known him all his life.

He assured me with zero reservations that if the illegal immigration labor source were switched off tomorrow, the national economy would effectively collapse within several months. The primary impact of the illegal alien work force, if I recall his conversation correctly, is not its low costs; it's that so MUCH work simply would not get done without them. Virtually every industry involving any mundane labor has no other source of such labor. Cost, schmost; if the work isn't done or the tomato picked, the labor/service/food chain is disrupted. It's sort of like price ceilings on gasoline: Set one and the problem won't be price, but outright availability.

That's just the studied opinion of one man ... and the thousands of CEOs he serves ... so it's not proof. But it sure got my attention, and made me wonder whether McCain might be on a valid track with his work visa plan.

Of course, at some point the economic collapse would drive unemployment through the roof, at which point -- IF WE AVOID PAYING NE'ER-DO-WELLS TO SIT ON THEIR ASSES ON THE DOLE -- purely personal speculation tells me a hungry, sufficient menial labor force would arise from within legal residents and immigrants, and we'd start over with a new cost pedestal beneath everything. But how long would that take, and at what cost?

\m/
swchandler

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is isobars on meth?

What side of the planet is this guy from?

Added later comments:

As a later edit based on so many different posts that occurred in the time it took to generate my post here, it's apparent that this is a topic wants some stage.

While I'm troubled by illegal immigration from countries to the south of us, with the good, you get the bad too. There's where the dilemma lies, particularly since many aspects of our society and economic structure depend on a recent history of labor usage coming from illegal immigant labor.

How does one separate the good from the bad? Really, it's not a black or white issue, and our life style balances on the overall affects.
isobars

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swchandler wrote:
As a later edit based on so many different posts that occurred in the time it took to generate my post here, it's apparent that this is a topic wants some stage.

Drinking a little early in the day, are we?

\m/
noflyzoneallstar

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally a reason to be glad the undercarriage of my toyota 4wd truck is so rusted that the only tools that work under there are sawzall, sledgehammer and cutting torch.

Carry on. last post before thread gets deleted wins.
dabull1

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will expand upon my earlier rant later, but right now I'm off to see a legal immigrant by the name of Sting and Elvis Costello at the Holly Bowl... Cheers! Bull
Post new topic   Reply to topic    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: