myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:04 am    Post subject: San Luis Resevoir - O'Neill Forebay Reply with quote

Several windsurfers out and one kiter.

Most of the time I was on a 4.7.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley oh so good with a 5.8 and 84 FSW. Tiny ramps good for 5' airs (bottom of fin), full speed and nice smooth water between swells. That lime green look, just easy cruising.
veterduet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:46 am    Post subject: Pt. Isabel Reply with quote

After 3 days at Berkeley tried Isabel - not too bad, smooth sailing and plenty of southwest wind.
dvCali

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:19 am    Post subject: Thu Stick Reply with quote

Very tame day at the Stick, but still powered up with 5.0 and 85L board. Spent the afternoon tacking with the impressive result of 2 completed tacks out of (if I counted right) 67 tries Embarassed
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Levi Siver Tacking Reply with quote

dvCali,
Watching the AWT, many excellent tackers, but the best was Levi Siver. He tacked so fast there was not even a blur. With the naked eye, it seemed more like watching a film of him tacking, with the frames of the tack itself cut out and then the two different tacks re-spliced. This and his jumps coming after he had broken his hand and had surgery after a tweaked arial.
I do not know if any of his tacks show up in the AWT videos, but you might check them out for inspiration.
wiindward1
skircr

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Levi Siver Tacking Reply with quote

Windward, here is what you missed while blinking: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Rx2ppncGx0I/UbI53aXBvkI/AAAAAAAAIgs/hubn3oU7iPY/w1105-h734-no/IMGP6228.JPG

windward1 wrote:
dvCali,
Watching the AWT, many excellent tackers, but the best was Levi Siver. He tacked so fast there was not even a blur. With the naked eye, it seemed more like watching a film of him tacking, with the frames of the tack itself cut out and then the two different tacks re-spliced. This and his jumps coming after he had broken his hand and had surgery after a tweaked arial.
I do not know if any of his tacks show up in the AWT videos, but you might check them out for inspiration.
wiindward1
windward1

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi skircr,
So Levi actually did go around the front of the mast and not just reincarnate on the other side. Cool
Windward1
dvCali

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

windward1 wrote:
Hi skircr,
So Levi actually did go around the front of the mast and not just reincarnate on the other side. Cool
Windward1

That must be quite a spectacle to watch!

Closer to home another Stick day with the wind kind of robust around 2:30 just enough to rig my 5.0 before it dropped ... and it never came back until 5:30 when it was having a little evening puff. About 15 people out dancing in the very light air.

But it was still fun (hey it is a fun sport!): with the very strange combo Isonic 107 and Firelight 5.0 I spent the day ... tacking, and by the end of it, thanks for sure to the conditions and a bigger board, I was close to 100% Very Happy we'll see what happens in stronger winds. Wink
windoggi

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Berkeley saturday Reply with quote

um....uh.....sheesh
ERROR!!!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:57 pm    Post subject: Berkeley Marina Reply with quote

Amazing afternoon in Berkeley!!! 65 L Roberts board with 4.2 sail was dialed in and running off the wind was phenomenal. Then I tried my 75L Fanatic FreeWave and loved sailing it also. My entire session was over 30 mph in beautiful white caps. Thanks fog.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 421, 422, 423 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 422 of 427

Jump to: