myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds more like a cracked than bruised rib.
Cracked takes the longest to heal, longer than any cleanly broken rib.
Bruised only, you can windsurf or play contact basketball easily.
If pain persists over 6 hours time, you really should consider an X ray and visit to Doc.
Not that they do anything for rib problems.
Heal time takes anywhere from a few days to 12 weeks, depending on injury and your pain threshould.
windward1

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Cracked Rib Reply with quote

You know it IS a cracked rib if you sneeze and you think you are going to die. Can be very, very hard to find on the X-Ray.
victor

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

really sucks to be out of action from an injury you got while sloggng instead of shredding.

lots of muscles are attached to ribs.

depending on which rib(s) is affected you might feel just fine after a week or two rest until you try to waterstart. yeeeouch!
dllee

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stayed home today to rock the upper fireplace.
Was Berkelely really THAT schitzoid, from 5 to 28?
dvCali

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 9:26 pm    Post subject: Crissy 5/20 Reply with quote

Showed up late (3:30) but nobody out yet. Rigged 5.0 and had a nice 1.5 hours from overpowered to just right together with the a sizable 15-25 other windsurfers. Choppy with a little northerly swell to flat on the outside. Nice unrelaxing day (you know ... all those boats around including the cruise liner) Rolling Eyes Wink
rpaillon

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Another 3.5 Day at Tomales Reply with quote

There were three of us: 3.2, 3.5, and 4.2 (blown off the water) Actually we were all blown off the water at about 2:00 pm. The wind dipped a bit and the 3.2 and 3.5 became manageable for awhile. It's a good thing we were early; I don't know of anyone who can have fun in 37 knot winds. I've sailed Tomales 12 times this year, 6 times on a 3.5. I haven't seen two really good days in a row there--what an unusual year.
jse

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Another 3.5 Day at Tomales Reply with quote

rpaillon wrote:
There were three of us: 3.2, 3.5, and 4.2 (blown off the water) Actually we were all blown off the water at about 2:00 pm. The wind dipped a bit and the 3.2 and 3.5 became manageable for awhile. It's a good thing we were early; I don't know of anyone who can have fun in 37 knot winds. I've sailed Tomales 12 times this year, 6 times on a 3.5. I haven't seen two really good days in a row there--what an unusual year.

Rick, minor correction, I was on a 3.3. After I left, apparently the wind "really picked up". Nice day nonetheless.

Steve
bert

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:13 pm    Post subject: 3rd Avenue Reply with quote

Today was clearly my most enjoyable session to date this year. Started out with 4.2/80 @ 1:30 which was fine, but rigged to 3.7 Naish Session once the wind crept up past 25 mph into the 30 mph range. Everything was just so right and I was neither going too fast or too slow and there was no tension whatsoever in my sailing, which was fine with my 63 year old body. Really nice large rollers in the middle and snap jibing right before the crest was exhilarating. You kinda get into a zen, relaxed mode when everything is right as today was.
dvCali

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Crissy 5/20 5/21 5/22 Reply with quote

5/20 Oh wonder oh wonder! a great day at Crissy. Showed up at 2:30 and rigged my Firelight 4.3 even if the wind was letting off a bit. Got out and the wind came back and stayed strong, especially on the inside well west of Point Anita, all afternoon. Not too good to go toward the north tower passed a certain point.

Beautiful semi-relaxing day, the Hot Sail Firelight 4.3 is a wonderful sail and it shines on the swells of which there were a nice sort of abundance. (semi-relaxing because I almost got run over by a Cost Guard Power-Catamaran, or whatever it was, going a million miles an hour Surprised Question )

5/21 Similar conditions but less wind and very weak toward the outside. As a result much shorter runs than at Candlestick: 400 yards, jibe, 300 yards, jibe, 400 yards try to tack, 400 yard jibe, ops ... the ferries are coming ... 200 yards jibe, jibe again, again, again, ok they are passed by, back to 400 yards, jibe, 300 yards, jibe, 400 yards try to tack, 400 yards jibe, etc, etc etc ... still fun for an hour or so of exercise Razz

5/22 Much better day, less windy but much more open to the outside with a good mile long stretch of wind. Out with the Firelight 5.0, it got very nice when the flood started to come in clearing the swell from the outside. Sunny and "warm", tomorrow might be time to migrate to the peninsula since the wind is on the decline. Sad

Last edited by dvCali on Thu May 23, 2013 11:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
windward1

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:20 pm    Post subject: New Brighton Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges yesterday with others out on 4.2s and 4.7s. I was on a 4.7. Blowing 30 mph with gusts to 40. Good workout.

Today I launched in light winds at New Brighton. Had visions of catching a little of what was left of the south swell. But the wind was so light, I figured that was impossible and sailed out about two miles to play in the planing winds way out in the Monterey Bay. That was fun and I did not go out past 18 knots as I was still feeling worked from the day before. The wind picks up more and more the further one goes out.

Came back to near shore in between Capitola jetty break and Bombora. Caught a wave just east of the surfers main area and then seeing that Bombora was empty of surfers and breaking, I went over and sailed it. Caught several good waves even in the light wind which was stronger here than it was where I launched. Would have caught more had my timing and selection been better. Would have caught a bundle had the wind been higher.

Wind was lightening a bit so sailed back out a couple miles again to play in the planing winds out there. Then back in to shore through the Capitola Anchorage. Sailed between the surfers and the kelp to get back to the playground. Played on a few more waves and then the wind was dying so used what little was left to get back to New Brighton.

Totally different than yesterday, but both great in their own way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 417, 418, 419 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 418 of 427

Jump to: