myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 387, 388, 389 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
windward1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Sailed Natural Bridges today. High teens to twenties just like Mike in his human forecast said. Did you notice his report in the early morning started out with the two words; ""Natural Bridges"?

Anyway, it was great. Going out I had to stop and luff the sail so a pod of dolphins, a dozen or so, could pass in front of the nose of my board. A sea otter was feeding near the shore where my end of the runs near shore terminated. Way outside, a sea lion jumped out of the water a dozen feet from me, straight up, did a "Christ on the cross" pose this his body vertical and his flippers extended, then nice as you please, he turned his body sideways and dove nose first into the sea with a quiet splash.

Two other windsurfers out as well. One on a Fun Board with a 6.0 and one on a wave board with a 5.3. All locals. Anyone else is welcome. Come on down.....

Windward1
dllee

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sunday, Berk, still very few windsurfers, started slow around 16, then came up pretty good so 5.0's and 90 liter boards were fine.
windward1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Natural Bridges Reply with quote

Natural Bridges had three folk out today. Pretty good conditions with the wind around twenty for the most part. Sea Lions playing or fishing in the surf.

West Cliff drive was closed in the morning for pole dancing and other booths. I do not remember what the other booths were for.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed Haskins today on 4.6/99.... many on 4.7-5.0 type sails... was holey but still fun. not bad for October!
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
dsgrntlxmply

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Bodega Sat/Sun Oct. 6/7 Reply with quote

Laugh if you will, but it's season end and I'll take any sailing that I can get.

155L, 7.3. Mostly calm water, very light wind, but just enough to stay upwind without much struggle (just a little pumping at the end of the return reach: wind shadow from terrain).

No other windsurfers, no kiters, one seal, many birds. Low-effort total relaxation sailing.

Saturday, the wind increased a bit around 5PM, and there was a moment of near-planing. That didn't last long.
veterduet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Berkeley - Reply with quote

Berkeley on Monday....3 to 5+ nice 5.7 session (5.4 to 6.4 would have worked).

About a dozen windsurfers, half a dozen Formulons, three Kitons, a Klingon and a Wookiee (The latter may have been a seal.....I may have the count slightly off...it was my 6th straight day on the water). Sunny and warm. Not too bad for a Monday in October!

Where were you, Zirtaeb?
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley another nice one, 3 laps from lowest dock to AshbyShoals to tip of kitebeach, then down to frontage road where Mitsu sails, to point below 3rd dock, to middle dock again and again.
Then, when the 6.0 and 100 liter slalom board was smoking along, top cap strap failed, couldn't even waterstart (sail dropped immediately 3', and got rescued by the CalSailingClub.....after I spent 20 minutes rolling up the sail, stashing the mast base, tying on the boom, 1 piece mast inside footstraps, and just started sit down paddling with the top half.
dllee

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Berkeley Wed. starting at 3, guys out already on 4.8's and 5.2's, WSW direction means heading towards the freeway going out.
Chenda out on 7.6, so I rig a 7, but really needed a 6 meter sail, and 100 board. Couple fast guys out on 6.2's, better than most days this summer for sure, lasted til 6:30, planing to the dock then on a 6.5, not me.
NickB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: alameda Reply with quote

Very nice and steady 7.0 conditions (135L/145lb) in Alameda 4:30-6p fully powered, which let me exceed the dreaded Alameda speed-limit a couple of times Smile Only a couple of kiters and 1 windsurfer out.
veterduet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Marina Bay- Isabel Reply with quote

Nice steady 6.0 wind from 1:30 to 3:30, then a slight gusty lull and it got more westerly and picked up again. Looked on the sensor as if it lasted a while.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 387, 388, 389 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 388 of 427

Jump to: