myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dllee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched Monday at Berkeley, very good 15-24mph winds.
Tuesday another good Berkeley days, 6.5 and 100 powered up maybe 15-23, really flat water so easy to plane 100%.
Only 5 other sailors out, maybe 2 of them planing. I guess everyone quit or went to PI or Stick.
dllee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thursday another late Berkeley day.
Hit he water at 5 with a 7 and 100 liter board, well powered, close to maxed out, in maybe 18-25 winds as it slowlly rose till I risked falling around 6. Think it was pretty strong for 7 meters by then.
Bill Martin said the marine layer was compressing, and a heat spell was coming for this weekend. Just not today.
kevinkan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlestick was fantastic on Thursday... started out looking a little light, but went out on 4.8/99 anyway... was powered in the puffs and the water was as flat as I've seen in awhile. This was all around 3pm. Wind picked up later... could have been on smaller gear. Very nice day.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
izitwindy?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:39 pm    Post subject: Sherman went off Reply with quote

Egg yolk sunset to the west, full moon rising to the east and ramps to play on all over the river! Awesome sunset sail! It was a good day at Sherman Island yesterday averaging 22-26, 4.7 - 5.2 all day through sunset! It was an awesome late season gold nugget for all who got a piece!

9_28.gif
 Description:
Graph
 Filesize:  15.98 KB
 Viewed:  15117 Time(s)

9_28.gif

kevinkan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Candlestick was the shizzle yesterday... wind was on the light side initially, but I was still going on 4.8/99l... I think all of Team Dawg and PA Mud Dawgs were there. Wind came up around 4pm, got better around 6pm, and was still going way past sunset.
https://www.instagram.com/sunsetsailboards
http://www.facebook.com/sunsetsailboards
DonORiordan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kevinkan wrote:
Candlestick was the shizzle yesterday... wind was on the light side initially, but I was still going on 4.8/99l... I think all of Team Dawg and PA Mud Dawgs were there. Wind came up around 4pm, got better around 6pm, and was still going way past sunset.

The schizzle is right on. That last hour from 6pm onwards was excellent, plenty of wind, very steady by 'Stik standards, and excellent lighting conditions (the kind that gets photographers excited probably), and even after it got dark, some intrepid (aka crazy?) sailors were still out enjoying it.
Great for the PA Mud Dawgs to escape the south bay heat!

As noticed by several sailors yesterday...you know there is a heatwave going on when you are de-rigging in Candlestick in just your t-shirt + shorts, after dark!
ctuna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 pm    Post subject: San Luis Res 10/4/2012 Reply with quote

Arrived 1pm rigged a 5.3 with a wave board moderately powered from 1:30 till 3:30 pm then changed to a larger board till 5 pm . Had to take off the 4/3
wetsuit and go to a 3/2 due to overheating .
Me and Angel for the most part alone on the entire lake he was on a 4.7 and pretty powered most of the time.

The weeds are almost all gone you couldn't see any green patches on the surface the few little clumps that were sub surface were yellowing.
Used a weed fin anyway.
dllee

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish some of u's will continue windsurfing for a few more weeks.
Berkeley Thursday and Friday just steady 17 from 2 thru dark.
Really nice cruising weather, but Thursday no more than 5 n the water, Friday maybe double that, so 10 shortboarders and 5 Formulons.
veterduet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Berkeley Reply with quote

What about the one Kiton?
dllee

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful Sat. with a wind glitch right at prime time, but slow buildup to respectable 5.3 conditions, as evidenced by Sofien and another freestyler going at it at Lordships.
We've been getting that 2:25 glitch a bit this year at Berkeley, but hanging around can often bring rewards. WAAAAY too much for me on a 7 and 140 liter board, but the building wind was great.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 386, 387, 388 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 387 of 427

Jump to: