myiW Current Conditions and Forecasts Community Forums Buy and Sell Services

Hi guest · myAccount · Log in
 SearchSearch   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   RegisterRegister 
ARCHIVE: Where We Sailed Today, Thread Part I.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 425, 426, 427  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jam-1

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was probably Ernie looping right off the point at 3rd caught on the EFI cam. I've been hangin' on to my 4.2 for the last two days at 3rd. Yesterday was one of the better days out in the channel with big rolling swell. I'm probably going out again after work for some more punishment!
r_g_armstrong

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did 2 sessions at 3rd: noon with 5.5 and 80ltr, then 5-8pm with 4.5 and 80ltr. Ended up helping a kiteboarder who tangled his kite at the channel marker after 7pm. I finally got his board to shore about 8pm, and shortly after he was just able to make it to Little Coyote Pt with his kite, right under the bridge. This is the second such rescue of a kiteboarder at the channel marker that I have done.

Waves in the channel were great. Easy to do lots of big jumps.

Rod
ethurlow

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that was fun on Wednesday on Jam-1's 3.6....thank's for letting me borrow it...and Dave thank you too. The sail is still okay..really. Hope to be there today at 3rd too...maybe I can return the sail.

I missed yesterday at 3rd...was it good?, went to the coast but didn't find the conditions that I expected. Light on the inside at Dport....and no wind at Waddell at 5pm.

Ernie
benpfree1

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sailed third ave from the south launch from 530 to 7pm yesterday. I was lit on a 4.2 and 78 liter board--I'm 170lbs. The channel was much windier than the inside and the waves were awesome! I could have been on a 3.7 in the channel. Lots of fun!
-Ben
SWE106

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sailed 3rd OPed 4.1 simmer icon '08 and my 85L quatro FSW '08 on wednesday 5/21, 5:30-6:30pm, after making the horrible mistake to go to PA first... Channel was macking, could have been on a 3.7, but 4.1 was just OPed, still managable control though. Rollers were looooong, smooth, sometimes steep and breaking, prob. logohigh at the most. Best I've seen in a long time.

Sailed dport N reef almost OPed 4.1 simmer icon '08 and a 84L quatro wave '08 on thursday 5/22 togther with Kai Flykatcher. Went first out on a 4.7 rigged entirely flat and couldn't hold on to it even for dear live. Big lumpy windswell and insane windy wave riding. Certainly not the highest quality, but lots of quantity. Waves were over mast high in the sets, with a nice reform on the inside.

pics: http://wetsands.smugmug.com/gallery/4849391_FtTe8#P-6-20
http://wetsands.smugmug.com/gallery/4849391_FtTe8#P-7-20
and http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~pang/ws/locals/2008/may22.08/ (here I overshoot the wave in the cutback becasue I can't control my 4.7 at all)
jordanwd

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

errnnieeee, buddddieee,
ya should have went for it at dport..
checkout the fun you missed .....

http://wetsands.smugmug.com/gallery/4849391_FtTe8#298951990_DZT9U
ethurlow

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI Jordan- Yes, ...next time I will reconsider....instead of wearing out my car tires.

Looked like you had a good time out there.

Nice photo's!...Thanks, helps me breakup the workday.

Ernie
mamalam

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to Waddell around noon on Wed 5/21, way OPed on my completely flat 3.3 Ezzy and 66L Goya Wave board. Less than 100#, but didn't have a smaller gear. Fun south swells. The guys were encouraging I had to give it a good try. I quit around 5 pm when Kai was looping on his 3.5!!!

Thurs 5/22, I sailed 3rd til 7:30pm. Way OPed on same set up, but fun to jump. Once, I flipped the board while in the water. The wind quickly lifted up to a good height and slamed it on my head... That hurt, but a fun kind of pain. Glad I had my helmet on.

Now, I am sitting at aesk dreaming of those "good old days"...
crashman

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Far away from the Bay or Coast, but a few of us had a wound out on sub-4.0 session at the Brown Maui-Washoe Lake on Tuesday, just South of Reno NV. Drove past the N. shore of Lake Tahoe on my way, looking for a little backside wave riding off of the K.B. groin. It looked cold, and a little to small to entice me. This spring the Brown Maui has been a little more like a Brown Gorge!
johnl

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the dismal forecast for the bay area yesterday (Friday, 5/23/0Cool it seems a few of us found Pt. Isabel. Far from my most enjoyable session, but hey, it was wind and water combined. The direction was more westerly than normal which set up the swell /wind direction all strange. Instead of jumping the swell, you ended up sailing right through the troughs. Then of course there was lots of voodoo chop, gustyness, and holes. What's not to love?

95l 5.7 sail, but way overpowered in the gusts.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    iWindsurf Community Forum Index -> Southwest USA, Hawaii, Mexico All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 425, 426, 427  Next
Page 4 of 427

Jump to: